My hand is on the bible….

A place to share ideas, recipes, techniques and all things cooking; whether it be at the stove or round the BBQ.
Gerry M
Cracked the big time

Re: My hand is on the bible….

Post by Gerry M » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:09 pm

muzz_on_line wrote:I managed to get hold of a roasting thermometer with a short probe that had a threaded mount. The big green shed had them for around $20. The lid of the BabyQ looked like it was aluminium so I drilled a hole above the handle (high enough so your hand would not touch the bezel of the thermometer) and mounted the thermometer there.

It has been great for roasts and even when we do pork chops.

Best accessory I have had for the BabyQ.

Muzz
Muzz, being as tight as a fish’s A hole, I spent the extra $10.00 each, and got the Baby q for the van and the mid size q for home with the Roasting Lid which comes pre-drilled and with a thermometer.

We do the complete Sunday Roast, including vegies in the Webber.

I used to cremate the steaks, but now 3 minutes each side.

can’t afford the expensive stuff that takes 4 minutes :D

Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Re: My hand is on the bible….

Post by dieseltojo » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:05 am

muzz_on_line wrote:I managed to get hold of a roasting thermometer with a short probe that had a threaded mount. The big green shed had them for around $20. The lid of the BabyQ looked like it was aluminium so I drilled a hole above the handle (high enough so your hand would not touch the bezel of the thermometer) and mounted the thermometer there.

It has been great for roasts and even when we do pork chops.

Best accessory I have had for the BabyQ.

Muzz
Me to Muzz.
I use it when using the smokers mainly as they are slow cookers and I like to be extra careful with chicken or pork.
I also have a Weber probe device that gives constant readings etc. but I find it is a pain to set up and only used it once. Cables ans wires are a nuisance when cooking.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Cook’s Corner”