Unsolicited emails from C&M

For Q&A's about the website structure and performance
clydecolin

Unsolicited emails from C&M

Post by clydecolin » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:40 pm

Dear forum-users,

We have taken on board your comments and are now going to implement your profile into our unsubscribe facility to allow you to see each service that you are being sent by us. You will then have the ability to unsubscribe to services that you don’t want and to remain on services that you do want.

We do assure you that Caravan & Motorhome (which is a website owned by Express Publications Pty Limited) complies fully with the Australian Spam laws.

We encourage you again to read our Privacy Policy which is incorporated in our Terms and Conditions.

Please bear with us while we are implementing this upgraded facility as it may take a little bit of time.

jayem

Re: Unsolicited emails from C&M

Post by jayem » Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:11 pm

While I am happy to unsubscribe from anything I don't want, it is good to know that C & M are not stuck away in an ivory tower totally ignoring everything the members highlight as a concern. Thanks for your consideration.
Jan

2009 Ford Territory AWD,
2003 Compass Tandem full height
via Kempsey, NSW

laurie pybus

Post by laurie pybus » Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:11 pm

This is my first message on the forum.I have no idea if I am doing it correctly,so please bear with me. I recently attended the caravan show at Rosehill3/5/11.Whilst there I purchased a 3month subscription to Caravan World Magazine for $9.00, very reasonable I thought However I am still waiting for the first to arrive. This situation still prevails despite 3 emails and 4 phone calls one to Melbourne so I advise some caution in this show time special. Hope this appears on Forum.Lucky Loz. Not meant as a complaint, merely a warning to other people who might enter into this exercise in futility. Thanks for your comment "Joe2006:

joe2006

Post by joe2006 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:16 pm

Loz,

Caravan World is the rival magazine. No good complaining to Caravan & Motorhome about it although any complaint about Caravan World might be well received. :lol:
Cheers Joe

2009 Evernew E900 & white car

It's run in- A moment in the indeterminate future or past represented by a nanosecond of peak efficiency immediately succeeding the running in period and immediately preceding the running out period

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:31 am

joe2006 wrote:Loz,

Caravan World is the rival magazine. No good complaining to Caravan & Motorhome about it although any complaint about Caravan World might be well received. :lol:
Ditto, what he said, but while you're here welcome to the forum and join in te fun, and while you're at it get a sub to the good magazine.
Frank

joe2006

Post by joe2006 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:20 pm

Loz,

I'm with Frank, welcome to the forum!

Hey I got an e-mail offering me the 3 copies of the same mag for $9.00 but I got scared off when I started to fill out the on-line application & they wanted my credit card details.
Cheers Joe

2009 Evernew E900 & white car

It's run in- A moment in the indeterminate future or past represented by a nanosecond of peak efficiency immediately succeeding the running in period and immediately preceding the running out period

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Mmmm - no answers on this old thread. I have been reluctant to 'register' to be able to read closed C&M articles as occasionally linked by C&M on the Facebook page, but did a few days ago. Bad move.

Since then I have been receiving daily emails offering products I am not interested in. Clicking "unsubscribe from this list" or "update subscription preferences" on the bottom of the email both take me to the EMG Store, yes, the one I am not interested in :-x and there is no link to unsubscribe or change subscription preferences.

Has anyone mastered unsubscribing from these daily advertising emails?
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

rat3het

Post by rat3het » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:30 pm

joe2006 wrote:Loz,

I'm with Frank, welcome to the forum!

Hey I got an e-mail offering me the 3 copies of the same mag for $9.00 but I got scared off when I started to fill out the on-line application & they wanted my credit card details.
I get a bit worried with some of those credit card details

however I have a card with a $500 (why that amount , I think it was the lowest amount you could have)

which does not have any fees which I use . Interest is charged immediately so I transfer the amount from my normal account on the same day and so far have only paid less that $1 over many years

that was when I was slack and forgot to transfer

ParamountCruiser

Post by ParamountCruiser » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:47 pm

Motherhen wrote:
Has anyone mastered unsubscribing from these daily advertising emails?
The only way to get rid of the daily emails flogging stuff from their associated businesses is to unsubscribe which then means you don't get the newsletters.

Even after unsubscribing several times the emails continued so eventually had to block them.
Neil

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:22 pm

But HOW do I unsubscribe Paramount Cruiser? The unsubscribe function on their emails is a con to get us to open up their shop page. I did not previously subscribe to their articles as this sort of thing is usually just a way of getting your address to spam you, same as online surveys and competitions. In a rash moment I thought it wouldn't hurt to register to read some of the articles, as with a trusted site like C&M I would be able to unsubscribe from spam emails if the worst happened.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Website Matters”