Forum navigation

For Q&A’s about the website structure and performance
Territory Rig
I’m new, be nice!

Re: AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION FOR A FORUM ?

Post by Territory Rig » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 am

Hello. I’m a newbie. I don’t use Facebook or any other social media. I enjoyed the printed magazine but noticed it’s steady decline. So on searching the website for info on magazine I found this forum and joined. But I find it very confusing. So many topics and subtopics. I can’t work out where I am. I thought I posted something, but now can’t find it. I know some of you say you’ve been contributing for 10 years, so you know what you’re doing. But I’m lost.
Is there a general area for discussion or is it all separated into topics?
A new forum? Not Facebook pls.

Collyn
Been here for a while

Forum navigation

Post by Collyn » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 am

Me too – its like navigating a maze semi-blindfolded!

Collyn
The problem is not what people do not know, it is what they think they know that simply isn’t true.

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:20 pm

Collyn wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:53 am
Me too – its like navigating a maze semi-blindfolded!

Collyn
Gosh, I wonder why that is…………….. :roll:
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Re: Forum navigation

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:43 pm

G’day and welcome to the forum
The easiest way that I have found to see all new posts is to use the quick links drop down at the top right of the screen
Choose “new posts”
Save that into my favorites on the computer or front page on the tablet and use that link to open the forum
When I click on the link it takes me directly to the new posts that have been made since my last visit
Using that drop down you can then go start your searches for other things or the “board index” on the left hand side

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:20 pm

Gooday TR, good to have you with us.

I use the same principal as Frank to open CandM, except I have “Unread Posts‘ saved in my favorites.

Click that and it opens all posts that I have not read. I then flick through the topics shown and decide which I need to open.
When I’ve done my reading I just select ‘Mark all read‘ and I’m set for my next login.

Enjoy your time here and ask a question if ya get stuck. 8-)
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

jock
Rising star

Post by jock » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:24 am

Hello T.R…..Your original post is in this section under the sub section titled “From the C&M team”

If you’re as “Techno disadvantaged” as I am, I would ignore all the advice which relates to “drop down boxes”..”links” etc. etc. and simply go to the Board Index and read each topic heading…..they all have a brief description in faded print. I look at the displayed dates at each topic to decide on looking at new posts.

I have been a member of this Forum for over 10 years and, despite many suggestions and advice from my fellow members over the years, I have only just managed to work out how to post pictures with my posts.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Jock :)

rat3het
Avid poster

Post by rat3het » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:40 am

Territory Rig wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 am
Hello. I’m a newbie. I don’t use Facebook or any other social media. I enjoyed the printed magazine but noticed it’s steady decline. So on searching the website for info on magazine I found this forum and joined. But I find it very confusing. So many topics and subtopics. I can’t work out where I am. I thought I posted something, but now can’t find it. I know some of you say you’ve been contributing for 10 years, so you know what you’re doing. But I’m lost.
Is there a general area for discussion or is it all separated into topics?
A new forum? Not Facebook pls.
To find your posts

go to the quick links button

then your posts

dieseltojo
Major contributor

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:20 pm

Hi Territory Rig and welcome to the maze of a different forum style.

Some good points made and the “search your posts” under “our Profile” is a good start.
Here is a pic from your profile. Not a bad idea to at least put in a state as well.

If you click on uses post it will show all your posts to date. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I now have to note that I cannot accept ownership, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Territory Rig
I’m new, be nice!

Post by Territory Rig » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Thank you very much to everyone. I will have a more detailed look around now. Thanks for the photo of my post, but I’m not sure why. Have I forgotten to do something? I’m in Darwin, hence the Territory Rig username. I’m now looking at Options below, what is BBCode, and parse URLs? Flash is off, url is on, OMGoodness. I notice my post is now in another subtopic “Forum Navigation”. I really just wanted to express my disappointment at the cessation of the magazine. Is there another magazine out there someone can recommend? I like the RV Daily Magazine from Pat Callanan’s stable (its digital), but would much prefer a printed mag.
Again, thank you.

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:48 pm

There’s always Caravan World… but even that has changed a bit lately with different editors coming in with their own ideas about what the mag should be about.

Digital RV magazine is a good read and I look forward to each new monthly edition.
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

Return to “Website Matters”