Tripping Away
An old hand

Re: AN ALTERNATIVE OPTION FOR A FORUM ?

Post by Tripping Away » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

nimdA wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:15 pm
Tripping Away wrote:
Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:09 am
All my posts on this subject have been removed, I take it by admin..

A new high in LOWS

I have a copy of every post I made, maybe I should not have critised their favourite son.
Hi Tripping Away. Thank you for alerting us to your issue by raising a post report. Often a good way.

A careful review of forum logging shows none of your posts were deleted. The only action taken was to move some posts by various posters to a new topic called “Have your say about Admin”. Looking there I found 3 of your posts and all carrying this original topic name and that is proof that your posts were moved. Have you looked for your posts in that new topic?

Another way is to view your own posts and use the search feature with a key word or two from the original posts that you say you kept a copy of.

Cheers
No, they are no longer in the system, have done a search using your search field by keywords and although finding a lot of matches, none were mine that are on that post. Also a” my post search” as suggested by another member and although finding a lot of posts, I did not find any of the missing ones

I will call the Caravan & Motrohome office tommorow to try to find out whats is going on.

nimdA
Global Moderator

Post by nimdA » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 pm

Tripping Away wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:48 pm

No, they are no longer in the system, have done a search using your search field by keywords and although finding a lot of matches, none were mine that are on that post. Also a” my post search” as suggested by another member and although finding a lot of posts, I did not find any of the missing ones

I will call the Caravan & Motrohome office tommorow to try to find out whats is going on.
Tripping Away if you have a copy of any missing posts would you please send them, or at least a sample, by Private Message as it may help our search ability although I have little confidence of doing any better than you have. Can you tell us how many are missing?

When you call the office please ask about the future of the forum and if you get any answers would you please let us know.

Cheers
Clancy (Global Moderator)

Engel
Cracked the big time

Post by Engel » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:36 pm

nimdA wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:17 pm

When you call the office please ask about the future of the forum and if you get any answers would you please let us know.
What? I thought you would be further up the picking order than mere posters.

Lance
Rising star

Post by Lance » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 pm

Way off topic again…….

TA, how about you start a new thread for lost posts ?

P’raps Clancy could move all your ‘questioning’ posts to that new thread………………
Lance & Anne
……always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

SLWB HiAce Campervan
600kg home build TearDrop Camper

Tripping Away
An old hand

Post by Tripping Away » Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:14 pm

Lance wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:04 pm
Way off topic again…….

TA, how about you start a new thread for lost posts ?

P’raps Clancy could move all your ‘questioning’ posts to that new thread………………
I do not think it is too far off topic if at all, What is the future of this forum and what does it look like. Someone suggested certain areas to be strictly ON topic and others just are just a discussion area. I agree with that, where you post is is what limitations are imposed, if any at all, to go off topic. The strictly ON topic area is administrated that way.. If the post is ON topic, no more lost posts!

Sounds WIN WIN to me…

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Tripping Away wrote:
How did you go TA?

Also did you ask about the forum future as admin suggested? I have nearly 11,000 posts to lose if it goes belly up
:(
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Tripping Away
An old hand

Post by Tripping Away » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm

Old Techo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:13 pm
Tripping Away wrote:
How did you go TA?

Also did you ask about the forum future as admin suggested? I have nearly 11,000 posts to lose if it goes belly up
Thankyou OT for asking.
Navigating the office appears to be harder than navigating the Forum. Waiting on a call back from someone who hopefully can shed light on a few issues. Other than being informed that the magazine was no longer being produced, not much else. Mind you, I could have been talking to the tea lady for all I knew. But my best option when working was if you wanted to know anything, ask the cleaners.

I will wait for their call??

I hope they inform Clancy before they tell me.

Frank & Brenda
Major contributor
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:14 am

Tripping Away wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:36 pm
Old Techo wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:13 pm
Tripping Away wrote:
How did you go TA?

Thankyou OT for asking.
Navigating the office appears to be harder than navigating the Forum. Waiting on a call back from someone who hopefully can shed light on a few issues. Other than being informed that the magazine was no longer being produced, not much else. Mind you, I could have been talking to the tea lady for all I knew. But my best option when working was if you wanted to know anything, ask the cleaners.

I will wait for their call??

I hope they inform Clancy before they tell me.
That’s probably their version of
“The check is in the mail” :roll:

Hope you do get a call back

Tripping Away
An old hand

Post by Tripping Away » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:52 am

Frank, I am not holding my breath.

diesel
Cracked the big time

Post by diesel » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:45 am

It seems to me that if Clancy is not being advised about the future of the forum, then what hope would the rest of us have of being kept in the loop?

They either value the forum for the info it contains or don’t give a damn if it goes belly up – what will be, will be and we can talk about it until the cows come home without making one bit of difference to the final outcome.

Jeff

Return to “Website Matters”