Opinion from another forum

For Q&A's about the website structure and performance
Old Techo

Re: Opinion from another forum

Post by Old Techo » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Engel wrote:Depends on weather the Admin is the person who set up the forum so they would have access to CPanel where you can see all the files.
Engel,

I am quite familiar with cPanel on my own websites. However I have not set up any databases so the use of that section is foreign to me.

Maybe the original Admin guru (before my time) did have IT expertise and set it up via cPanel but I am aware, as many would, of various Admin chiefs coming and going over 9 years. None of the ones I ever PM'd had any IT skills. They seemed to be management types who looked after the forum as only one of their many duties. I assumed that was why the forum often didn't get enough attention :roll:

If I asked a technical question they said they would check with their IT.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:53 pm

masterplumber wrote:
Old Techo wrote:
G'day MP,

Influence? If I had influence I wouldn't get a yellow card :roll:
masterplumber wrote:Well OT, perhaps you can explain how you are the Highest Ranked Member, outside of Moderators and Admin Staff???? :?: :mrgreen:
MP.... I don't think one's importance or influence is based upon attendance ;-)
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

jock

Post by jock » Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:39 am

Been reading this thread with a bit of interest. I haven't wanted to comment but the thought struck me that there seems to be a bit of an anomaly with the rules and phillosophy of that other Forum.

Nowadays, this is the only Forum I participate in...I dont even bother to look at the others. But if, as some of you say, they are over the top with their sensitivity regarding criticisms etc, How come they allowed the highly critical - bordering on being abusive - post as quoted in OT's original opening ???

Jock :?:

Return to “Website Matters”