Whats happening to the forum????

For Q&A's about the website structure and performance
hank

Whats happening to the forum????

Post by hank » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:08 am

I know this has been done before, but what is happening to the forum, down again all weekend and I am still experiencing problems with a very slow, when working forum. When I read one thread and try to get the next one it takes up to a minute to get it to come on. I am surely not the only member getting this. I have no problem with any other forum or anything else I look at, only this site.

Hank

Archer63

Re: Whats happening to the forum????

Post by Archer63 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:13 am

Seems to be a common issue lately.

Things happen...but it would be nice for a general notification in advance stating that the site was going down for ......

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:17 am

The whole C&M site was down over the weekend. Murphy's law says breakdowns will happen on weekends.

Good to see it back so quickly this morning.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:19 am

It was fine at 2200 Friday but down at 0600 Saturday.

As I keep saying when it is down the first thing I do is check here... http://www.emgroup.com.au/ and I found the entire Express Media Group was also off the air - so the failure was major and across the board.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:23 am

If we start abusing each other, using disgusting language or put a commercial site on here nimda is right onto us.
But when the site/forum has been down nimda seems to be missing or not interested soooooooo poo to you boys, so there and I hope your camels kick you in the hairy armpits.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

ParamountCruiser

Post by ParamountCruiser » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:27 am

It isn't only their website that is kaput.

Last Wednesday/Thursday I tried to ring them many times to renew my subscription. Despite my call being important to them I couldn't get through to an operator.

On their recorded message they eventually ask you to leave your name and phone number and they will get back to you. Still waiting to hear from them after leaving my details on Thursday morning.
Neil

nimdA
Global Moderator

Post by nimdA » Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:09 pm

Thank you Glanyard for the prompt :) but I have been busy this morning trying to determine the problem.

The only explanation I have been able to pry from management is the effect of a gradual loss of very experienced IT staff and as a result the IT department is currently going through a complete overhaul. This will include modernising the web and server configuration. This sounds like a big step in the right direction but I personally think there may be a few more glitches along the way. The keyword is probably "patience".

I don't know but am hoping that the outcome will include improvements to forum speed and an updating of the forum software that now appears rather old.

I should mention that this forum is provided as a free service to members to encourage an exchange of ideas and experience in the interests of caravanning and camping. As a free service it will never be funded to the extent of major website players and we have all observed that even billions of dollars and state of the art equipment has not saved Telstra from a succession of embarrassing outages.

Cheers
Clancy (Global Moderator)

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Old Techo wrote:It was fine at 2200 Friday but down at 0600 Saturday.

As I keep saying when it is down the first thing I do is check here... http://www.emgroup.com.au/ and I found the entire Express Media Group was also off the air - so the failure was major and across the board.
Well there you go O.T...had no idea.

But just tried that link and ....nothing :o
Live For Today

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:10 pm

I should mention that this forum is provided as a free service to members to encourage an exchange of ideas and experience in the interests of caravanning and camping. As a free service it will never be funded to the extent of major website players and we have all observed that even billions of dollars and state of the art equipment has not saved Telstra from a succession of embarrassing outages.

Cheers[/quote]

Sounds fair enough nimdA when you put it that way.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:54 pm

Thank you nimda, for your prompt reply.
You must appreciate that at our end of the line it is very frustrating not getting anywhere and it seems that it occurs at weekends when we have extra time for the forum.
I have also noticed that things are very slow first up in the mornings as if the server is still waiting for that "first cup of coffee". It comes on quicker at about morning tea time when the bickies arrive. :lol: :lol:
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Return to “Website Matters”