Forum

For Q&A's about the website structure and performance
GeoffC

Forum

Post by GeoffC » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:34 pm

Greetings all
Was it at my end or has every one else had problems with the forum. kept getting cashe not write/read or something along this line
regards
GeoffC

Bundyrumandcoke

Re: Forum

Post by Bundyrumandcoke » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:57 pm

Yep, same here. Been down for a couple of days.

willem

Post by willem » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:20 pm

I have had the same problem since I bought a new laptop on the weekend, but now good again. When can we expect some better tech support for this forum. It is hardly worth the effort to keep on trying to log in.

Jay&dee

Post by Jay&dee » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Hep!!!!~ had the same issues, so I just spent time visiting other forum that do not crash or go off line.
Heaps of info on these sites.
Jay&Dee

ozjohn

Post by ozjohn » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:15 pm

Same, same. :roll:
When it goes for a month without going down then it'll be different. :o
OJ ;-)
Holden 2.8 Colorado- 17'6" Roma Elegance Pop Top.
Retired Engineer - Ex Caravan Consultant and Park Owner.
ACC - V00118

nimdA
Global Moderator

Post by nimdA » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi Members. The forum has just recovered after being been down since I reported it directly to the techs very early on Monday morning. It was not only our forum down but the entire group. If you click here you will see how widespread the problem was with every site within this group failed: http://www.emgroup.com.au

By late on Monday afternoon many of the individual sites were going again including our Caravan and Motorhome site but not the forum part. The website manager told me there had been a major database crash that effected all of their sites and they were flat out trying to fix them. I have been making regular enquiries with the techs since Monday but I don't have any further explanation from them at the moment. All I can do is apologise for the prolonged outage but I know this is of little comfort. If I am given any more useful information I will pass it on.

Cheers
Clancy (Global Moderator)

Browny_r33

Post by Browny_r33 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:55 pm

Just brought a new modem on Tuesday, have spent money thinking the modem or PC had gone up the s...t. Thanks
Cheers
Norm & Jan

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Thu Jun 05, 2014 7:34 pm

Ooooh the joy :D We are back on the air after several days :o

Admin, thanks for the update albeit limited. I wonder how long we will last :(

G'day OJ. That's a tad harsh I reckon. For ages I was keeping a log on forum failures when they were frequent but I have gotten a bit lazy lately. The only niggling thing in recent times was that damned advert filling the screen.

I reckon the last total fail was in December. Mind you I was on the road for 6 weeks from early March so I could have missed any downtime then. Perhaps others have noted failures :?:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

J.REEVES

Post by J.REEVES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:04 pm

Thanks for the update nimdA you have done all you can.
Not a good look for a forum, I expect more members will move on to other forums. Forums do fail but usually recover in hours not days.

JR
:razz:

Bussy

Post by Bussy » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Yes you have to expect this when its hosted in a cloud so no big deal, a little annoying but we will just have to get used to it.
Other forums would probably be hosted on a local server with a tech that has full access to the whole shooting match and the fault will lie somewhere in the same room. When a fault occurs in the cloud based service there are too many links in the chain and the problem could be anywhere between Mexico and Canada. Not to mention service restrictions if cash flow is a problem.

Thanks for the update anyway Admin.

Cheers,
ALLAN
Computer Engineer. 200Series TTD Altitude SE
Home building a 21.6ft off-roader called "The Taj Mah AL".
Steel Chassis, Simplicity Suspension, Aluminium Frame.
Paulownia Cabinetry, All 12 volt & Self Sufficient
When its finished WE retire.

Return to “Website Matters”