Why Can't We Log In?

For Q&A's about the website structure and performance
Motherhen

Re: Why Can't We Log In?

Post by Motherhen » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm

Not for me Tom, but I have only posted short messages. The forum has been unusually good to me this week with no failures to open it like I often get.

You can save the messages and retrieve to continue, but I have learnt that if a post I am typing is getting big or complex (eg links as well) I copy it into a Word document and finish it there, then post the lot quickly.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm

Tom, similar to MH.

If I have a post any longer than this one then I type it in my email client then copy/paste. Also handy for spell-check.

Unless you have a Mac you can use Notepad or Wordpad for your typing and delete it after a confirmed post. You don't have to get a fancy word processor.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

PeterD

Post by PeterD » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:00 pm

tomcarm wrote:Hey guys,
In case no one else has reported it ... Over the last week, several attempts at adding a post or a reply has crashed - usually after about 4 mins typing.
Since I can no longer remember what I typed 4 mins ago, I lost my message.
Is there an explanation?...
There may not be an explanation but their is a solution. Change over to Firefox. Then install the Addon - Lazarus. When things crash, restart and again commence your reply. Right click into the reply pane and select Lazarus. That will give you the first line of the last few messages you typed. Select one and Viola, you have your message back. Type away to finish it and then click Submit.

If your system crashes whilst you are having the second go you can pick up all you had prepared in the second go and have another attempt to finish the job.

This Addon has saved me many times.
PeterD
Retired radio & electronics technician -
Nissan Navara D40 diesel auto (pensioners pack) towing a Spaceland pop-top

tomcarm

Post by tomcarm » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm

Thnx Peter!

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 am

While Internet Explorer has great delight in losing your work as often as it can, when I changed to Chrome, I found without any add ons, the majority of times my work is still there, but there are the odd occasions when something goes wrong and it is not there.
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Return to “Website Matters”