View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Why Can't We Log In? 

Post Re: Why Can't We Log In?
Not for me Tom, but I have only posted short messages. The forum has been unusually good to me this week with no failures to open it like I often get.

You can save the messages and retrieve to continue, but I have learnt that if a post I am typing is getting big or complex (eg links as well) I copy it into a Word document and finish it there, then post the lot quickly.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:38 pm
Profile WWW

Tom, similar to MH.

If I have a post any longer than this one then I type it in my email client then copy/paste. Also handy for spell-check.

Unless you have a Mac you can use Notepad or Wordpad for your typing and delete it after a confirmed post. You don't have to get a fancy word processor.

Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:44 pm

tomcarm wrote:
Hey guys,
In case no one else has reported it ... Over the last week, several attempts at adding a post or a reply has crashed - usually after about 4 mins typing.
Since I can no longer remember what I typed 4 mins ago, I lost my message.
Is there an explanation?...

There may not be an explanation but their is a solution. Change over to Firefox. Then install the Addon - Lazarus. When things crash, restart and again commence your reply. Right click into the reply pane and select Lazarus. That will give you the first line of the last few messages you typed. Select one and Viola, you have your message back. Type away to finish it and then click Submit.

If your system crashes whilst you are having the second go you can pick up all you had prepared in the second go and have another attempt to finish the job.

This Addon has saved me many times.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:00 pm

Thnx Peter!

Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

While Internet Explorer has great delight in losing your work as often as it can, when I changed to Chrome, I found without any add ons, the majority of times my work is still there, but there are the odd occasions when something goes wrong and it is not there.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:34 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3