Why not add a fold-out table?

Old Techo

Why not add a fold-out table?

Post by Old Techo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:29 am

For those who don't have a fold-out table on the side of their van, here is a solution.

These days most tables are built into the van (recessed) but there is a retrofit option. Mine came to me as a Xmas present :D

As the table is a screwed/glued fixture I decided to cut out a section of the cladding to inspect the interior to ensure I knew where to place screws and not pierce any wiring. Using an angle grinder I made 2 vertical cuts across 1 section of cladding panel and then 'sprung' that section out. I mean by bowing it outwards until the overlapping was cleared. Then I could have a good look and mark the timber verticals for later use.
table1.jpg
table2.jpg
Having done my assessment and made marks I put back the panel section and siliconed the vertical cuts. Not really necessary to do this as the table is siliconed around all 4 sides, but why not?

The table is now in place...
table3.jpg
I decided to mount the new table at the same height as my existing one to the right even though it covered the Roadstar stripes...
table4.jpg

If you wonder about the existing table refer here... http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 858#p28858
table5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

dieseltojo

Re: Why not add a fold-out table?

Post by dieseltojo » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:10 pm

Good stuff OT. Beats dragging a table out of the truck all the time.

Mine is surface mounted (self made) and I just added another...Now I have one just for the Weber Q to sit on. Very handy.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Manjimike

Re: Why not add a fold-out table?

Post by Manjimike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:47 pm

dieseltojo wrote:Good stuff OT. Beats dragging a table out of the truck all the time.

Mine is surface mounted (self made) and I just added another...Now I have one just for the Weber Q to sit on. Very handy.
The one I mounted on the Jayco Freedom, would hold the Weber BabyQ, but not allow me to sit the BabyQ lid back in the open position

Cheers Mike
VK6MB
3/15 BT-50 Dualcab
Looking at Bushmaster Bluegum

Return to “Building and Renovations”