AIRBAG ROOF LIFTERS

OLDFIREE71

AIRBAG ROOF LIFTERS

Post by OLDFIREE71 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:14 am

Hi to all, I need some feedback on airbag roof lifters. Due to a back problem in the family, I have been investigating the purchase of this product. I have followed the forum for some time now but have not seen any comments either good or bad. I know there are at least two manufacturers in Australia but apart from their testimonials, I have not seen any comments from long term users on the forums. Does this mean that they are a great product with no problems, or are there no other grey nomads with bad backs?

Bassett

Re: AIRBAG ROOF LIFTERS

Post by Bassett » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:35 pm

I have a set of "RV Air Lifters" in my 2013 Nova Terra Sports Pop-Top. They were installed during assembly of the van by Nova. I have not had any problems with them at all. I wouldn't be without them, as it makes it so easy to put the top up and also bring it down. :D
2011 Toyota Prado 150 SX T/D Auto (3 door)
2013 Nova Terra Sportz Pop-Top

'Life isn't about how to survive the storm,
But how to dance in the rain.'

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:12 pm

Hi OLDFIREE71 and welcome.

Some info here. They seem to be in favour generally.
http://candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11414

I googled this page.
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=prob ... 8geM9ZOQBw
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 am

WE have the easy lift bars in our van
WP_000679 (640x480).jpg
as seen in this picture of the van when we bought it

Brenda has a chronic back problem and constant pain and most days she can manage help me put the top up, if not, it's not that hard to do it on my own one end after the ohter

BTW the van has changed a little since we bought it 2 years ago
20160319_170258 (800x450).jpg
Brenda made new curtains I recovered the pelmets cut down the L shaped lounge to give easier access to the bed and have a spot for the porta potty also put down new lino as well as added 12v throughout and solar panels on top
20160319_171133 (800x450).jpg
Before the L shaped lounge finished where the edge of the porta loo is making it very squeasy to get in
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OLDFIREE71

Post by OLDFIREE71 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:05 pm

Thanks to all for your replies on the air lifters. it would seem that the product achieves what it is designed to do. I have had a quote for approx. $800 plus fitting so that is the way I may have to go. Thanks again for your help OLDFIREE.

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:41 am

I think the only thing to watch out for is that they supply a decent compressor.
If they give a cheaper quote then supply the cheapest thing on the market you might have a problem.

I would check that they are at least supplying what the inventor stipulated. Just saying. :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Building and Renovations”