View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:29 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 New Caravan with Condensation problems… 

Post New Caravan with Condensation problems…
Our van now 5 months old has condensation down both sides on the roof into the inside and across the cross beams of the roof…it soaks every thing in the cupboards and Black Spore Mould grew all over the ceiling and walls for 4 1/2 months before a fix was sorted…

Both myself and hubby have become very ill from this Black Spore Mould over this time and even after they have supposedly fixed the problem we are still quite ill.

Has anyone else had problems like this?? We have been in touch with a solicitor and will be pursuing this matter but wondered if anyone else had this and what action they took…

We have asked over and over if this so called fix is archival or how long it will last?? No answers have been given??

A very sad situation as we were happy and healthy caravanners before all this occured – this can actually be fatal :(

Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Post Re: New Caravan with Condensation problems…
I think you may have a water leak. The water has been sitting in the roof cavity and seeping through the ceiling. Has The mould been removed. Or did they just repair the leak?
Sid

Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:00 am

Could be a leak but also if constructed with external trims,also projecting to an internal face it can cause extremely cold surfaces and the moisture from breathing can condense on the cold ally showing.
We get this in certain situations as well. They should use a plastic internal moulds rather than aluminium internally.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13761&hilit=condensation

Sorry but if you can’t give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:40 am

Hi Gary,
Sounds like you are not having a good run with your new van with fridge problems and condensation problems.

I would think as you have a Jayco if this was a common problem it would have been reported by others.

I wonder if they left the insulation out of the roof or do you have the van closed up for long periods but as you say full time on the road I would hardly think so.

Running a heater all night can cause condensation to develop if all ventilation is closed off.

Did the black spot develop while camping in damp and cold locations?

As suggested you could have a leak but condensation would develop during and after rain and you should see water dripping or accumulating somewhere while it’s raining.

As Tojo said you can get condensation develop if the van frame has metal in the frame conducting cold through to the inner covering. We occasionally get a damp spot in one corner of the bath room beside the toilet when camping in cold damp location and also on one small area on the side wall where I have a metal plate in the wall to secure the awning to, but nothing like you have described.

JR
:razz:

Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:12 am

Yes we have aluminium frame around the roof pop-top of van………and every morning we get 3 cloths soaked from condensation just as tojo said…even in warm weather…..someone suggested we leave a window open or pop-top zip windows open some……we tried that but our little 12ft van soon gets too cold at night …

fortunately we have had no mould issues

My Blog .. http://smokeydk.blogspot.com/

Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:06 pm

This is a known issue with the new Jayco Silverlines and they are just putting putty on the metal angle and then covering it with an ugly plastic molding which has not fixed the problem. Jayco Melbourne stated to us that all new vans will be built the same and they will just add this paste and molding and not change the build??

They worked on this fix for around 12 months and finally came up with this fix?? We don’t think we should have to put up with a brand new van built wrong and now a fix in their eyes is still not right.

We are so very sick and we have multiple problems with the van beside this – to which they just will not address.

We are going to NCat now after the xmas break after going to ACCC then to Dept of Fair Trading – so over this rubbish we paid $70,000 for… :evil:

Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]