Diesel Consumption for 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero

Post here for discussion on model specific Tugs
tar trekka

Re: Diesel Consumption for 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero

Post by tar trekka » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:31 pm

Hi there,

"Some people just can't handle the truth"

Tar Trekka.

Any day above the ground is a great day.

Lance

Post by Lance » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:08 pm

Yep, some only want to hear what they want to hear.
Perhaps it just strengthens their belief in having things right in their own mind and situation.
As for Dusty, we may have simply read his request for information wrongly and misinterpreted it.
If that's the case, get back here mate and put us straight.
If the info supplied by members is not in line with your questions, tell us, don't 'chuck a chookie' and turn away, either you need the info, or you don't.

Despite your apparent thoughts, there are many well experienced RVers here who DO know the answers to your questions, if we know what your question is.

Anyway, I imagine you are still reading this thread so if you don't come back, so be it, if you do, you may just get some more relevant info.

Your call Dusty :)
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

Frank & Brenda
Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)12 Mistubishi Triton, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop

Post by Frank & Brenda » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:19 pm

Lance wrote:
Dustypair wrote:Thanks for all the replies
I think it is time to give this Forum a miss as it has gone the way of the magazine
Not much use and full of garbage
Bye all the good people

Just a quickie question mate, am I "garbage" or "good people" ? :neutral:

I think it was me who upset him Lance

Ain't the first time I've upset someone and probably not the last

It's OK I got broad shoulders (along with the rest of my ample frame) I can take it

:lol: :lol:

A'van

Post by A'van » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:25 pm

https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-review ... seat-50848

http://www.motoring.com.au/mitsubishi-p ... est-43751/

I can understand why Dustypair asked about the fuel consumption when towing, some of the older models were not good.

People on the forum i would think, would not buy one if they had to worry about the fuel consumption.

I like to buy a model, of any car, that have been tried and tested, not the first years model.

Hans
E&H
Toyota Aurion + A'van Aliner

jock

Post by jock » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:14 am

Yeah Hans....BUT. to ask for towing and fuel consumption reports on a 2017 model is a bit of a strange request considering it is now only March 2017.....meaning that I doubt if there are any out there at this early stage, which have even been run in yet, let alone towing caravans for any length of time.

If dusty didn't want to partake in any of the following discussions, he need not have continued on and let others discuss other aspects of Pajero economy performances....No need to spit the dummy, the respondents all meant well.

Jock :(

Lance

Post by Lance » Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Dusty has been online today and obviously chosen not to comment further so I s'pose the rest of us will take something from that.......... :(

Bit of a shame....... :neutral:
Lance & Anne
......always on the lookout for places & dates for Folk/Blues Music Festivals

Sean

Post by Sean » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am

Ancient Mariner wrote: 14.8 L/100 kl was my average towing over 6 years sitting on 90 mph most of the time.
That's pretty spectacular economy for 144kph

Ancient Mariner

Post by Ancient Mariner » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:02 pm

Supercharged Sean, you are the first one to pick up the mistake, I have been known to exaggerate but not to that extent.
Cheers
Graham

Sean

Post by Sean » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:41 am

I may have hit speeds like that in a semi whilst overtaking a string of caravanners on the victoria highway.

I don't speed whilst driving, but I made full use of the fact that this truck didn't have a limiter installed when overtaking!

I'm not even sure that the truck started life as a prime mover. It seemed to have been put together out of parts. The cab was from a Mitsubishi, but the chassis was from a different year mitsubishi and had been modified.

Never figured out what the motor was, but it had a genuine road ranger which is uncommon in mitisi's

Only a single drive and the exhaust was a 5" stack straight out of the turbocharger. You could hear her coming.

The only electrical things that worked were the lights, no aircon, radio, etc.

She certainly was using a lot more fuel than you, funny seeing a single drive with over 1000L in tanks.

I have no idea what purpose someone built her for, but she was entertaining the few times she escaped being a "yard truck"

Plumbum

Post by Plumbum » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Lance wrote:Yep, some only want to hear what they want to hear.
Perhaps it just strengthens their belief in having things right in their own mind and situation.
As for Dusty, we may have simply read his request for information wrongly and misinterpreted it.
If that's the case, get back here mate and put us straight.

Your call Dusty :)
I think you are correct Lance, about him only wanting to hear what he wanted to hear.

Dusty asked for info on fuel consumption of a 2017 Mitsubishi Pajero.

If as Jock suggests the info probabally isn't available, the silence should have been defining.

Instead we got character assassination and suggestions of substance abuse by Dusty.

As for being a stupid question, I thought that the only stupid question was one that wasn't asked.

Return to “Towing Vehicles (Tugs)”