200 Series V8 Diesel Economy

Post here for discussion on model specific Tugs
J.REEVES

Re: 200 Series V8 Diesel Economy

Post by J.REEVES » Thu May 11, 2017 5:12 pm

Coming home from Bunnings last week in my old work cloths stopped in at a Toyota dealer to just have a look!

One hour later I was signing up for a new Sahara. They offered me a private sale price for my 2006 VX 100 Series which I did not expect.

Picked the new vehicle up on Monday (took a hole six days to get it) and am now trying to work out how to fit my draws, CB, tyre pressure monitor, aux battery, brake controller, Anderson plug, tow pack, air bags and possibly a ARB bull bar but not too sure about the bull bar as there are cameras, long range radar and park assist detectors in the front not to mention the stuff to activate the air bags and belt tension devices.

No longer a matter of splicing into wires for the tow plug you need a Toyota wiring loom with a black box and all the plugs are in the sides behind the interior side walls.
Anyway I have plenty of time to sort it.

JR
:razz:

A’van

Post by A’van » Thu May 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Congratulations.
We did something similar. One day out for a drive i said to my wife, this car got a noise in the front i don’t like, it could cost us a lot to fix, how about looking at a new one, she said ok.
So we stopped at Toyota, 2 hours later we had a new car, mind you, we had to get up and start to walk out before we got the right deal. :lol:

Have fun installing all your gadgets. I like the smell of a new car.

Hans
E&H
Toyota Aurion + A’van Aliner

jessdogster

Post by jessdogster » Fri May 12, 2017 9:35 am

Saw your query on LCOOL JR
Thought you must have taken the plunge ;-)
cheers
Jdog

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Fri May 12, 2017 4:17 pm

Congratulations JR. Thay are a nice rig.
I went to the other side a bought the new Nissan Y62 Pootrol. Picked it up last Monday.
Sid
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Return to “Towing Vehicles (Tugs)”