ASC and ABS warning lights

Post here for discussion on model specific Tugs
glanyard

Re: ASC and ABS warning lights

Post by glanyard » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:31 pm

Cyclone wrote:Hi Glanyard, What sort of brake controller do you have.
Cyclone,
Redarc Tow Pro Elite.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:35 pm

Rolex wrote:.....pay particular attention when the indicators are flashing that there is no pulsing on the opposite side or other lights and when the brake lights are tested that the indicators or tail lights don't pulse, (looking for a bad earth)
I suggested that earth test 4 days ago (twice) and Glannie ignored me :roll:
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:00 pm

OT,
I wasn't really ignoring you; I am currently in a static location with the van and tug not connected. I don't want to use the tug at present as it is already 300 kms over for the 40,000 km service which will be done on Wednesday.
I intend to try all suggestions when it is convenient; I have had the problem on and off for two years now so I have to be patient.
glanyard

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Ganyard I dont know anything about the red arc.
I had a similar problem In the Patrol I had a few years back. I noticed one day that the brake lights were coming on every now and then when the car was parked in the garage. The cruse control on the patrol turned off when the brakes are applied. Most likely an input from the brake light circuit. Google told me it was the manual brake override. So I sprayed the override with contact cleaner and operated it a few time then the problem went away.
Sid
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Rolex

Post by Rolex » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:05 pm

glanyard wrote:My van does not have LEDs for brake, parking or indicators.
glanyard
The type of lights makes no difference.

Does the problem only occur when the van is on the back ?

I think there is a chance you are getting power feeding back from the van to the car and that is most likely through a bad earth.

Bad earth can be hard to find so putting in another one is often the easiest way, you could use a diode to stop the feedback but if you have a bad earth the lights will not be performing as they should anyway.

Was the wiring on your tug done at the time of purchase ?
I'm not ready to be a adult
The adventure begins where the tar ends.
"A man turns his back on the comforts of home... to ride off alone.
When the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road"

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Rolex,
Tow bar including the wiring was already installed as part of the deal.

Meanwhile; A chap nearby hooked his D-Max to my van, electrically, this morning and the warning lights did not come on.
When I get back to Brisbane I'll hook my D-Max up to my B-I-Ls van and see what happens.
Of course, nothings conclusive as sometimes the lights don't come on until after the van and tug is well and truly on the road.
glanyard

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:27 am

I took the D-Max to the Dr on Thursday and they can't find anything wrong.
They are relying on their electronic testing devises to show up past faults/issues and there have not been any.
I think my next course of action is to get a qualified auto electrician to check it out and if necessary remove the trailer/caravan wiring loom and start again.
glanyard

masterplumber

Post by masterplumber » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:23 pm

glanyard wrote:I took the D-Max to the Dr on Thursday and they can't find anything wrong.
They are relying on their electronic testing devises to show up past faults/issues and there have not been any.
I think my next course of action is to get a qualified auto electrician to check it out and if necessary remove the trailer/caravan wiring loom and start again.
glanyard
Glanyard, have you read the owners manual?

Mine states that hard acceleration, wet roads and low battery voltage can trigger the ESC.

As can suspension component wear.

Is it a steady or flashing light?

And what was the result of you towing your brother in law's van? (As per post by you 2 up from here)

Just some thoughts.

Gerry
2015 Isuzu MU-X LST
16 Ft Billabong Grove

Engel

Post by Engel » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Might sound a silly question but do you have a tow kit for the van lights? On the Dmax all the van lights come from the trailer fuse in the engine bay via relays that are activated by the vehicle lights be they brake, stop and tail or indicator and the brake.

If you don't know remove this fuse and no van lights will work.

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:00 pm

masterplumber wrote:
glanyard wrote:I took the D-Max to the Dr on Thursday and they can't find anything wrong.
glanyard
Glanyard, have you read the owners manual?

Mine states that hard acceleration, wet roads and low battery voltage can trigger the ESC.

As can suspension component wear.

Is it a steady or flashing light?

And what was the result of you towing your brother in law's van? (As per post by you 2 up from here)

Just some thoughts.

Gerry
Gerry,
Yes I have read the owners manual.
The two offending lights can come on before I have left home, still going down the street at 30 kmph. They don't flash but stay steady.
I haven't been able to tow the other van; not convenient these days.

Engel wrote:Might sound a silly question but do you have a tow kit for the van lights? On the Dmax all the van lights come from the trailer fuse in the engine bay via relays that are activated by the vehicle lights be they brake, stop and tail or indicator and the brake.

If you don't know remove this fuse and no van lights will work.
Engel,
Currently the van is at the plastic surgeons so I can't try anything at present.
The vehicle came with tow bar etc as part of the deal so I can only assume that when the wiring was done someone stuffed up.
After visiting the Dr it seems that even Isuzu Australia is none the wiser either. My plan is to get a qualified auto electrician to find the fault and then sent the bill to Isuzu Australia.
glanyard

Return to “Towing Vehicles (Tugs)”