View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Change of Tow Vehicle. 

Post Re: Change of Tow Vehicle.
Mally wrote:
Lighten up a bit Mowog it's a good site with all types contributing. Some also have a sick sense of humour all adds to the forum. Some of us are also Grumpy Old Men so accept us all for what we are. :o

These kinds of posts are why I left the forum ages ago. I only came back following a link from my blog. This forum and others like are full of "Experts" who get their "Expertise" from the pub.

There are few genuine experts around but they are very few indeed.

Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:30 pm

Sorry to hear, perhaps it time to delete your blogs etc and avoid anymore pain. I'm totally ignored because I own a new Commodore but who cares. I know my vehicle is the best. Even has a full size mag for a spare!!!!!!! And my van has nitrogen in the tyres ( Jayco ) I'm so lucky. But no one cares!!! :twisted:

Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi,

I have a friend who is in a similar situation to yourselves re owning an 1996 80 series 262 kms pet/gas Cruiser which would have to be classed as immaculate. His problem is also limited funds to upgrade but his concern is more a lack of gas availability which according to him seems to be getting worse(further away from major towns) as less vehicles are converted. This then cuts into the touring range he has which leads to much nail biting ...he is a conservative worrier type. I should say they also have a shopping trolley for around town when home..a 2003 Corolla.
After suggesting a late model diesel dual cab would suit him and he rejecting the idea based on cost and basically a love for the car he has. I have suggested ditching the gas and putting in place a long range petrol tank which will take them all over the place and no more worries re range. As I said the stamp duty alone would take a fair few trips in the old girl before the cost is soaked up.
He was offered 6 to 7k as tradein which makes this vehicle worthless basically so he may as well keep it in my opinion. Yours may be worth more but the same principle applies.
I would keep the cruiser and buy a cheaper round the town car....of course what i have said is based on part time touring only but thought it may help.
Cheers AL

Sat Sep 27, 2014 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2