View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 New BT 50 

Post Re: New BT 50
OK I think all your problems may have started with the tub change and that is where I would be looking for the damage.

When the dust all settles and the story is told, history is made by the side of the road"

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:55 pm

We now have 74000kms on my GT auto.
We are extremely pleased with ours. Drives and tows the lotus like a dream.

Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:57 pm

Hi Muzz I have the same Ute and have had a camera and screen put in the ute and a camera on the van ,mine still has the tub and i have no problems.Like Rolex has stated i would be having a look if their is any damaged wires after the tray was fitted.I am away at the moment but if you are still having issues i could bring my ute around to see what the difference is going on as we both live in Bris vegas.Loub :razz:

Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 pm

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your replies and offers of help, it is greatly appreciated but will not be required.

I got a chance to have a look and disconnected all of my wiring and there was no difference to the behaviour of the rear light assemblies. In fact the voltage between the earth and chassis of all of the bulbs increased by 0.02 volts.

So it is definitely a problem with the canopy light assembles and the BT50 wiring circuits.

As an aside, the BT50 rear light assemblies utilise 2 relays!

The canopy light assemblies were spliced to the original wires from the original lights. ie They cut the wires from the original lights between the lights and the plug, so the original plugs are still used. This is what I would have done and is the simplest method as there is only one wire for each light plus a common earth.

My car has the second service booked in for Monday, so I will leave it to the dealer.

We will soon see how this turns out. :roll:

Thanks Guys

Muzz

Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:25 pm

I am looking to buy a new bt50 to tow our van (2800atm) plus the usual stuff most people carry all up I recon about 3 ton. Does anyone tow that much and at what speed, I want to be able to cruise at 90 ks with out any strain on the ute.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:05 pm

hensh1 wrote:
I am looking to buy a new bt50 to tow our van (2800atm) plus the usual stuff most people carry all up I recon about 3 ton. Does anyone tow that much and at what speed, I want to be able to cruise at 90 ks with out any strain on the ute.

Hi hensh1. I tow a fifth wheeler the last trip our weight of the fiver was 3.1 ton ( weighbridge ) . You will have no issue towing the 3 ton, I tow between 90 -- 100 ks ph, the litres per 100 on our last trip was 16.4 all towing. regards Wayne.

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Thanks Wayne, just what I was hopeing to hear

Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:41 pm

Hi Guys,

Well the car lights were fixed by the Mazda Service Centre without a hitch. The canopy lights (tub replacement rear light assemblies fitted to the canopy) had 2 wires reversed. Not sure whether they were reversed on a relay but it was something to do with the reversing lights, but all is working perfectly now.

Cost - no charge! :D

They wanted to make sure I was happy with the new car.

All I can say is .... forget the car, I am happy with the service!

Thank you to all for your replies, in the end, a great result.

Cheers

Muzz

Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4