View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 New BT 50 
Post Re: New BT 50
Maybe some of us refuse to renounce our racism, fella!

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:41 pm

Gooday all . Get a life Glanyard. Mick

Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Mick,
Very clever; I would not have thought of saying that to the previous members.
By the way did you get your pay rise (DFRDB), you know, the one the Labor party refused to give us.
Happy Days! :D :D
glanyard

Last edited by nimdA on Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inflammatory expression removed

Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:51 am

Sorry that the thread has gone off topic.
I, personally, prefer automatic trans. - especially for towing but I know and have spoken to quite a few who prefer manual trans. even for towing.
What concerns me mostly is that there should be such a problem with the Mazda in this day and age. Surely they would have rectified the problem or done a recall if it is prevalent. Does anyone know or care to comment?
I remember when Nissan had their problems with the early 2000 era Patrols (Hence they became known as "hand grenades")...Nissan, in many cases, refused to acknowledge the fault and many owners were left out in the cold. Some got satisfaction after taking lengthy and costly legal action.
My friends, mentioned previously, had a similar experience with the Mazda Dealer. Has anyone had a problem with the Auto.?

My friend got rid of the Mazda, has bought a Ford F250 and bad-mouths Mazda at every opportunity :roll:

Jock :neutral:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:30 pm

Jock as I posted before they are ok. As far as auto problems I have not heard anything. You also have the ford ranger running around and they are very similar Most of the parts I have looked at in the Mazda have ford tags on them. Every body I talk to loves the BT 50.I will be at cotton tree in sept school holidays if you want to have a go at mine,i think you would like it .Yours Loub :razz: :razz: :razz:

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:29 pm

glanyard wrote:
Mick,
Very clever; I would not have thought of saying that to the previous members.
By the way did you get your pay rise (DFRDB), you know, the one the Labor party refused to give us.
Happy Days! :D :D
glanyard

nimda,
You were a bit slow.
You should have edited the comment that started this racial discussion; not mine.
glanyard

Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:36 pm

loub wrote:
Jock as I posted before they are ok. As far as auto problems I have not heard anything. You also have the ford ranger running around and they are very similar Most of the parts I have looked at in the Mazda have ford tags on them. Every body I talk to loves the BT 50.I will be at cotton tree in sept school holidays if you want to have a go at mine,i think you would like it .Yours Loub :razz: :razz: :razz:

Thanks Loub...We'll probably be in Cairns for the Sep. Hols. Just 'tyre kicking' at the moment. Cant seem to make up our minds on which way to go...will start a new thread on the subject soon.

Jock :)

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:30 am

Hi everyone,

I have an annoying problem with my BT50 rear lights.

There are 2 annoying problems, one is that other lights are coming on when they shouldn't and the other is when braking and indicating at the same time the monitor for the reversing camera is flicking between rearview camera and reversing camera.

The rearview camera works exceptionally well when no brakes/indicators are on.

The caravan brakes work exceptionally well irrespective of what lights are on.

When I have the brakes on, I am getting voltage through to the parkers, reversing and indicators. It is about 2.7 volts as they barely glow. These are not LED lights, but the standard globes.

I have added a brake controller and it is triggered by a wire from the trailer socket's brake wire.
I have also added a reversing camera that is triggered by a wire from the trailer socket's reversing light wire.

This trailer socket is a 12 pin flat (7 normal pins plus the extra row of 5 heavier duty pins). This socket only has the 7 pins connected at the moment but there are 2 extra wires that appear to be sensing when a trailer is connected.

Is it possible that using power from the Brake and Reversing circuits is causing the feedback into the other light circuits?

Any ideas or is this a job for the auto-electrician?

Regards

Muzz

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Hi Muz I think that the Bt have multi uses on their wiring circuits and if you add something that is not wired right you will have problems. My guy that installed some of the wiring recommend that I get Mazda to fit the tow bar and their wiring loom as it is designed to fit and you won,t get the grieve.I have had no problems yet but am aware to use someone that is up to speed with the Mazda wiring. :razz: yours Loub

Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Loub,

Yes Mazda did my towbar and wiring.

I have specifically used the trailer socket for powering my accessories as this power is for connecting trailers, caravans etc. Mazda do not know what you will be towing so the circuits should be capable of powering any number of lights within reason. e.g. some trailers can have many side marker lights where as a standard box trailer may have none. Caravans may have 2 brake lights and others 4 or more.

The draw from the appliances that I have connected are very minimal as they are sensing type circuits and not powering a heavy appliance.

So I believe what I have done is correct, but I will stand to be corrected if I am wrong. :oops:

I just don't understand why I am getting voltage on the other lights. Normally this is from a bad earth.

My only course of action that I can see before taking it to an auto-electrician is to disconnect my accessories and see if the problem disappears. Then re-connect 1 at a time.

Thanks for your reply though Loub.

I am not confident with the Mazda Service people as the last time my car came home from a service it had no brake lights. The Service people had put a wire in the loom at the rear, from a power feed to the brakes straight to earth and blew the fuse. They couldn't work out what was wrong yet I found it in the very first place I looked. Go figure!

Cheers
Muzz

Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next