View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Our new tug - Mazda BT 50 

Post Re: Our new tug - Mazda BT 50
Hey dog box - I hope you don't hit your head very often???

Weather doesn't seem to make a difference. On the ozmazda.com.au website blog, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason either from others having the same problem.

Mine never came back on - so it was a matter of turning it off and on at least 5 times to get it to operate.

However, you probably read a couple of threads back, my SD card for the Nav system was warped from the heat, but it is Version 3 - which is really old. Version 5 of www.whereis.com software is due out soon, but at $295 I don't think I will be upgrading it.

Keep us up to date with your issues

P&J

Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:22 am

Gidday P & J
I have been out of action for a while. I haven't had a license for 12 months due to medical problems, so my BT hasn't done many Kms as yet. It goes in on Monday for a 40,000 service even though it has 32,000 on the clock. My radio has done the same trick as yours a couple of times, but seems to be behaving itself at the moment. When I did mention it to the service department some time back, they said it had to do with the unit being so high up in the dash that heat affected it. I have a dash mat and a piece of non slip cloth under the mat. I don't know if that helps or not. I haven't driven it for 12 months, but Sunday I get my license back and will be hooking the van on the back around 3rd Feb and heading down to Horsham to see our Son. I hope the bush fires are over by then.
I totally agree about the GPS. They a bit ordinary for a vehicle of this price. We use the ipad most of the time. No problems with the air con as yet. fingers crossed.
I hope you get your problems sorted.
Cheers and Beers
Alvik

Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:09 pm

Almost forgot,
To all the BT50 owners out there. Have a Safe and Happy New Year.
Cheers and Beers
Alvik

Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 am

Well I just spent half a day reading all 38 pays of this thread
I'm seriously considering buying a 2014 BT50 Freestyle Auto for towing. Now you folks have had you beasts for a while, how are they holding up?
The radios seem to be an issue along with the Nav system.
Anything else?
Any 2nd thoughts, or regrets?

Thu May 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Gidday Squeaka,
My BT has 40km on the clock now and I am very happy with it. I haven't had much trouble with the radio or the nav. I think people in the northern states have more trouble as the unit is set high in the dash and is heat sensitive. My only regret is that I couldn't get a tray back in auto. I have a dual cab auto with Mazda canopy (EGR). In hindsight I should have bought an ARB canopy as I could have got an ARB tradesman roof Rack to suit my needs. Just a small issue that I should have researched more before I bought the vehicle. I have towed my 21/6 caravan with it and it does it with ease.
Hope this helps
Cheers and Beers
Alvik

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:15 am

I am pleased everyone is having a good run with the Mazda BT50 as I was in a serious head on accident last week in my 2010 BT50 in which the floor on the drivers side came up to the brake pedal and the cab is very twisted so we have brought a BT50 GT which we pick up Monday. looking forward to driving such an nice unit

Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi Gary And Sharon,
You will love your new BT. It will have heaps more grunt than the old 2010 model and a lot more features. It takes a while to get used to all the mod cons they have. I am still getting used to the Female voice saying " Function Please". when you push the voice button on the steering wheel. Great choice of tow vehicle Gary & Sharon.
Enjoy your new BT
Cheers and Beers
Alvik

Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:18 am

Thanks alvik I see you are in Maitland I am based in Maitland for awhile to pick up new one from Maitland Mazda tomorrow. then will hopefully have a few weeks before heading to nelson bay to carry on with our new bussiness.

Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:20 pm

Had the 40,000 service done in Darwin last week cost $723.
What made it so expensive was they had to change the automatic gear box oil said it was burnt.
I am a little concerned now wondering is this the start of something more serious mechanic said it was because we are towing caravan.

On the trip from Darwin to Mt Isa fuel consumption went from around 15ltr/100 to 20ltr/100 so then took it to Mazda dealer in Mt Isa told them i was not happy the way the fuel bill had increased so much.
When i picked it up they said they had retimed the valves & it should be running more economical.
Just wondering if anyone else has had to have the gear box oil changed.
Other then that very happy with the Mazda.

Cheers
Len

Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:45 pm

Location: Shellharbour, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
G'day Len,
We've done 65000 Kim's now in our vehicle. A fair bit of that towing, so far with no probs and are very happy. I've spoken with a mechanic friend who has recommended to change the auto transmission oil on a regular basis given the towing. That goes for diff as well. When a regular service is done all they do is check the levels (possibly with the exception of the chap in Darwin). Before next trip in a couple of months all oils will be replaced.
As for fuel consumption, mine sits around the 16ltr mark and haven't seen any change.
I'm still very happy with the performance of the Mazda.
Cheers
Rob
ps.
I'm going to install a Fuel Manager system to give that little more insurance against a bad batch of fuel.

http://www.writing4success.com

Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next