View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
 Our new tug - Mazda BT 50 

Post Re: Our new tug - Mazda BT 50
G'day all

Over the past few months few of you had been getting your BT50's serviced. I notice some varying prices and we had discussed those through this forum.

Well, our Bt came up for its 20,000 klm service while we were at Cania Gorge Qld, just outside Biloela or Monto. As Mazda don't have any dealers west of the Dividing Range - except in Mt Isa, I thought I would try a Ford dealer - seeing they share the same engine etc as the Ranger. Well, the Service Manager said that they couldn't do that for me "as you needed Mazda labelled filters - but if you ring our Toyota dealer, they can help you"

I told her not to bother and I would get it serviced somewhere else. As I had been "stuffed around by two other Mazda dealers" for the previous services, (8 weeks delay in doing any services as they were too busy selling cars to service them) - I followed up with Repco in Townsville (where we will eventually finish up) and they put me in touch with their 'service agent' in Emerald.

Well, what a difference a phone call makes. VIP treatment, and I also asked for a spare oil and fuel filter to cover any future issues / services. I dropped it in this morning, received my two "Mazda labelled filters" - NOT - BOTH HAD FORD LABELS - and total cost - $400.00!

Like all of you - you like to do the best thing to "cover your bum - warranty claim wise" down the track - and I won't be going near a Mazda dealer if I don't have to.

Travel safe - GO QUEENSLAND!!

P&J

Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:14 pm

Need Mazda labelled filters.??? Everything in the engine bay says FoMoCo... :razz:
That's a really good price, our 20,000 service was $447 with no spares..

Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:13 pm

Hence why I hung up on the Ford dealer! You are right about the labels though!

I had a good look at the invoice for the work last night, and both oil and fuel filters came to $103 - so that makes the service cost $340 - which going by the invoice included the oil Mazda recommended and all other checks and balances.

I wasn't looking for a cheap price - I just wanted the logbook service done with a couple of spare filters - and I think I received great service and value!!

Stay safe and don't panic about getting Mazda to service it - the Consumer laws of Oz guarantee you are "reasonably protected.

P&J

P&J

Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:14 pm

Gidday Everyone. Anybody had a 40,000km service yet. They tell me it is $680 and they don't change the air filter element. But they do tighten every nut and bolt on the vehicle. Wow, that's value for money. Any one had one yet, and what did you pay.
Cheers and Beers
Alvik

ps: I am still very happy with my BT. It has lived up to all expectations so far.

Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:07 am

Hey Alvik - great to hear from you again. Happy New Year!!

Since my last post, we have now done 33,380klms and it has been running like a dream. Towed the Kingdom up through the centre of Qld, Emerald, Charters Towers, Atherton Tablelands and back down the coast. Except for some huge headwinds from Mackay to Rockhampton, 18 ltrs per 100 klms.

Have recently had a few "silly issues" - and there is now a recall on the air con solenoids. Mine started chattering in Mareeba, and the dealer changed them, but there is now a "new replacement version" - whether you have had them done or not.

I also am having some stupid issues with the radio - it looks like it is "On" - but there is no volume control - and even turning it off and on a few times doesn't always get it operating. I recently took mine into a Mazda dealer on the Sunshine Coast for a leaking shocky to be replaced under warranty - as well as the radio, but they reckoned it wasn't leaking. When I get it back the intermittent wipers don't work. They changed a "clock spring" saying that would fix the radio - it hasn't!

Again I return it to the workshop, only to have them tell me they have "no idea!". It is booked in again this coming week.

Version 5 of the whereas.com software is due out soon for the SatNav. They still want $295 for a new card!! RIP OFF!!!

I wrote to Mazda when we were in Central Qld, as there are no Mazda dealers west of the Great Dividing Range, and "eventually" a Mazda person rang me back (which was a surprise) and he told me to just take it to any recognised warranty repair dealer. It hasn't been back to a Mazda dealer since - except for these latest warranty issues. And now I have "other issues" that I didn't stake it there for!!

ALWAYS had a much cheaper service and a much happier car when I got it back.

I would also check out www.ozmazda.com.au - great blog on BT50 issues as well.

Have a great year my friend

P&J

Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 pm

Location: Oak Flats, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
G'day Serious,
Just adding to your post, our BT50 is going great and just now due for it's 50,000km service & have booked in this week. Like you we have a couple of minor issues. Re the a/c unit, we have a strange clicking noise that comes and goes and after talking with another owner on the road, he said it was a problem he had as well and that Mazda was aware of it. We are getting them to look at it during the service. My driver seat still needs the height adjusted every few days , so hopefully they can do that as well.
The other thing is a knocking sound when I put it in reverse and take my foot of the brake. It's just a single sound , so maybe something is sticking somewhere in the system.
$295 for GPS upgrade .... No way. Cheaper to buy a stand alone unit.
Sounds like a grizzle, but we are extremely happy with the overall performance and these issues are minor irritations.
Cheers
Rob

Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:56 am
Profile WWW

Youre certainly clocking up some miles Rob and Marg, 50,000, youve only had it for a year or so havent you? Or is the time flying that fast. Glad your Mazda is going well, see you on the road sometime.

Hank

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:27 am

Hi Rob - Happy New Year.

50,000 clicks - WOW - you have really given it a good run!

Yep, that clicking sound is the air con Climate Control solenoids. They "SHOULD" be replaced when you have your service done as a recall - but just ask anyway.

The nav system has an SD card up under the dashboard overhang - if you look closely you can see a small card sticking out above the Nav screen, but just below the overhang. You can use tweezers to get it out. It will have the 'Version" number - mine is Version 3 - which is almost 5 years old - and we bought the car in 2012. Not good enough I reckon!! The nav is good out in the country, but any city driving and you are just wasting your time.

I bought a HEMA, but it is the opposite - so technical it is difficult to use. The 4WD section is particularly useful in the bush.

We will be down your way later in the year - will give you a call.

Have a great year mate

P&J

Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:28 am

Location: Oak Flats, NSW - when we're not on the highways of Australia!
G'day again Hank, P&J,

Our vehicle is just on 2 years old now. In 2013 we did 3 reasonable length trips - Grampians\Murray River about 3k, Lightning Ridge\Central Qld about 7k and central NSW\northern rivers about 3k. We didn't do a detailed record of fuel, but it looks like we can safely average somewhere between 16 to 17 ltrs per 100km. That includes towing & non towing. Van is around the 2800kgs mark. I met up with Alvik a couple of times during last year as well and compared notes.

Still planning trips for this year, but probably 3 trips again. Will include Stone the Crows festival at Wagga around Easter, Ilfracombe \ central Qld June\Aug, the over to Lucindale SA for the ACC National muster Oct\Nov, coming home via Flinders Ranges. So will rack up a few more KMs. Well that's the plan at the moment.

It would be great to catch up when you are in this area, so keep us posted of your movements.

Cheers
Rob

Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:35 am
Profile WWW

those people having problem with the radio is it just when it is hot or is it all weathers mine seems to do it on hot days an only when starting up seem to come good when the car cool down

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 382 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next