Cotton Tree Caravan Park

Great Australian Destinations - Travel and Touring information
Archer63

Cotton Tree Caravan Park

Post by Archer63 » Sun May 15, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi All,

Wife and I headed off on Friday morning up to Cotton Tree Caravan Park up on the Sunshine Coast for a couple of days.
Every time we go away somewhere in our little swan we come away amazed at what beautiful spots there are out there and within a couple of hours of home. Staying in a van park in these coastal locations sure does give another perspective.
Very relaxing place to stay for a while and we will be back...although we might have to go back sooner rather than later as I had heard a whisper that this park is to close in a couple of years which would be a real shame.

Cheers
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live For Today

TramcarTrev

Re: Cotton Tree Caravan Park

Post by TramcarTrev » Sun May 15, 2016 8:23 pm

Archer63 wrote:Hi All,

Wife and I headed off on Friday morning up to Cotton Tree Caravan Park up on the Sunshine Coast for a couple of days.
Every time we go away somewhere in our little swan we come away amazed at what beautiful spots there are out there and within a couple of hours of home. Staying in a van park in these coastal locations sure does give another perspective.
Very relaxing place to stay for a while and we will be back...although we might have to go back sooner rather than later as I had heard a whisper that this park is to close in a couple of years which would be a real shame.

Cheers
Rob
Yep, land around Cotton Tree is too expensive to just have vacant with a few vans on it when you could put up a 20 story block of units each selling for around a million with water views...
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

loub

Post by loub » Mon May 16, 2016 7:17 am

Hi Arch 63.That rumour is old hat. Cotton tree is one of the 3 parks that was put on the heritage register along with Caloundra and Noosa river. The council just spent a lot of money rebuilding 3 amenity blocks and redoing some of the internal roads . Relax its not going any where .We stay their often and its a beauty.It will be full soon with the southern migration for the winter.Peter :razz: :razz: :razz:
BT50 2013 Auto 3.2 Diesel
21 Golf Linwood

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon May 16, 2016 7:44 am

Drought affected areas in western Qld could do with some patronage also. We will probably go out there again this year after the up-coming cruise.
There are some waterfront views but no water.
The locals are friendly but really need the $$$.
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Mon May 16, 2016 8:21 am

Glad to hear that Peter....and yes the new amenity blocks are very nice, clean & spacious.
Wonder why the receptions staff would be rehashing old rumours ?

Agree Glanyard...they certainly do.
When we retire we will definitely be branching further out , but unfortunately current circumstances limit our travel time frames.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

Ancient Mariner

Post by Ancient Mariner » Mon May 16, 2016 10:47 am

Agree with you Glanny
We try to go out West at least twice a year.
Very friendly folk make it more worth while
Graham

Return to “Destinations”