Tallebudgera Tourist Park This Week

Great Australian Destinations - Travel and Touring information
Archer63

Tallebudgera Tourist Park This Week

Post by Archer63 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:51 pm

Hi All,

Wife, myself and our youngest have just returned from a week's holiday in our little Jayco pop top van down at the Tallebudgera Tourist Park.....very relaxing spot !!
Snorkelling...swimming...paddle boarding....fishing...morning and afternoon walks....oh and a beer & rum each afternoon.
Very clean facilities & grounds with a general pool and water slide for the kids & another pool for adults only....a time out pool for adults if you like.
Can't blame the park in any way for this...but gee there are the odd dirty bustards around :evil:
For our next trip at this park we will come down in an off peak time when it's not so busy ( packed to the rafter's !! ) and try and get one of those prime spots facing the water. Some of these sites also have double slabs which would be handy no doubt.
The park roads appear to be a little narrow to me and I would hate to be trying to get a big van in when the park is full and there are also cars parked in spots that are not ideal, but luckily for me one of the guys opposite our site offered to move his car while we reversed in...which was very much appreciated !!

Went fishing each afternoon, only caught a few legal whiting & bream for tea two out of four days just off the beach in front of the van park, but as it was a feed, can't complain. Lots of people also having a fish as well, but weren't catching anything which obviously caused quite a few envious looks from the others. A couple came over to casually walk past our bait bucket to see what magic bait we were using, but when one actually asked, we were happy to show them.
No magic bait...just live blood worms that I bought down with us and some of the wife's chicken breast off cuts which the bream particularly like.

No issues this trip thankfully ( remember we are almost completely new to vanning and are ignorant of what's involved and have much to learn, so any positive advice is very welcome ), although I did initially have a problem with trying to do a scan for TV stations when I first plugged the new Kogan TV in which resulted in only a handful of very pixelated stations. Then looked down at the antenna power switch which I had forgotten to turn on :roll:
Pulled in heaps of stations when I did a re-scan and was very happy with the results this time.
As for the new Kogan TV...we are very happy with it so far. Yes the sound is not quite as dynamic as the big home TV, but it's not too bad and we can easily live with it the way it is. So for us, we see no need to go looking for external speakers etc.

The only very minor issue I did come across was the sullage hose. The hose I recently bought is 10m I think and at this site we really only needed it to be 3m. As the sink was a little bit slow draining with the water going round & round a coiled 10m hose, I cut off a 3m section and draining was very good after that.
Just wondering if there is a hose connector out there that we can use for different requirement hose lengths that is easily adjustable ?
I am thinking something like those pool hoses that attach to a pool cleaner and are in 10 or more separate lengths of hose which are connected to each other ?
This would be very handy in my opinion.

Cheers
Rob
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Live For Today

Trisha

Re: Tallebudgera Tourist Park This Week

Post by Trisha » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi,
Glad you had a good time.
Go to a pool shop orBunnings and get the right size joiners.
I have cut our drainage hose into 3 lengths and join as needed.
Cheers
John

muzz_on_line

Post by muzz_on_line » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:29 pm

Hi Rob,

You can cut a small piece of sullage pipe off (50 mm should do) and take it to the the big green shed to find an appropriate joiner of the correct diameter.

Sometimes the joiner may not be in plumbing section and may be in the irrigation section, and other times a very short length of PVC pipe / electrical conduit or an elbow may fit the internal diameter of the sullage pipe.

If you cannot find the exact size joiner, find the next smallest and get some of those hose clips with wing nuts as tighteners.

I don't think you will have any problems finding something suitable.

Cheers

Muzz

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:45 am

Thanks John & Muzz.

Will do.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

ShortNorth

Post by ShortNorth » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:17 pm

In our Avan we had a ‘standard’ 10m sullage hose – after several years of use, the Camec sullage hose 'work hardened' and gradually lost all its flexibility and became very hard to roll - when trying to roll the hose up into its carry bag, the hose had a tendency to split rather than bend - after fitting 4 new 'break joiners', I had enough - the hose has been discarded.

I found a replacement at Bunnings - a 10metre long light grey 32mm Holman sullage hose (meant for laundry waste water disposal) - it comes with a flexible 32/25 reducer coupling, which fits nicely over the vans underfloor sink outlet as a firm friction fit. I bought 2 extra 32mm slip-on couplings, and cut the hose in half, then one piece in half again. I can now use 2.5m, 5.0m, 7.5m or 10.0m lengths to suit the site drain position. The hose is nice and flexible, however the only downside is the inside is corrugated rather than smooth, so it has to be flushed more fully before storage when packing up. The best bit, it is less than half the cost of the Camec hose - even if I only get 2 years out of it, I can discard it and go and buy another for minimal cost.
Wondering about ShortNorth ? - Short North is the railwayman's nickname for the NSWGR main line between Sydney and Newcastle

Cyclone

Post by Cyclone » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:26 pm

I think Tallebudgera is one of the best Family Parks around. For us older gents it still is a good park out of school holiday seasons.
Sid
Cyclone

Nissan Y62 TI Patrol.
Crusader D-Lite

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:45 am

Thanks Shortnorth & Sid.

Sounds like the very same hose I bought of B a few weeks ago. Went and had a look yesterday for the connectors but couldn't see what I was after....although I'm sure their there somewhere.

Yes....next time will probably avoid school holiday season.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

glanyard

Post by glanyard » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:46 am

When I go to Bunnings, if I am unsure of the availability or location of an item, I test one of their staff and have not had a failure yet. :D
glanyard
2014 Isuzu D-Max twin cab ute
2006 5.5 metre Golden Eagle Mini Mi rear entry van

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:47 am

glanyard wrote:When I go to Bunnings, if I am unsure of the availability or location of an item, I test one of their staff and have not had a failure yet. :D
glanyard
Yes...I would like to think they are all like that Glanyard....just one or two don't know's previously put me off.
Perhaps it's time I gave it another go.
Pipe is 32mm...but I only saw connectors for 19mm garden watering systems piping and in the plumbers section there only appeared to be much smaller or much larger connections as well.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Mon Apr 04, 2016 2:06 pm

Archer63 wrote:Hi All,

The only very minor issue I did come across was the sullage hose. The hose I recently bought is 10m I think and at this site we really only needed it to be 3m. As the sink was a little bit slow draining with the water going round & round a coiled 10m hose, I cut off a 3m section and draining was very good after that.
Just wondering if there is a hose connector out there that we can use for different requirement hose lengths that is easily adjustable ?
I am thinking something like those pool hoses that attach to a pool cleaner and are in 10 or more separate lengths of hose which are connected to each other ?
This would be very handy in my opinion.

Cheers
Rob
Hi Rob,
I see quite a few bloke struggle with connectors and things.
I personally carry a few lengths of around 30mm conduit in one and two meter lengths in a box the width of the van.
Mostly I have heated one end on a gas stove, softened and made a socket on it by inserting a pipe and sticking it under water, creating a joiner.
But the coup de grâce is short lengths of bike tube cut up to act as joiners.
They always get you out of trouble..... :)
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “Destinations”