View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 NOW! 

Post NOW!
Hi all. Looking for info on Cleaverville beach. We are in Broome at the moment and looking to move shortly. I would like any info from travellers who have been there in the last month or so. P.S. Heard the caretaker has quit ?? Regards Di & Wayne.

Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:54 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
Post Re: NOW!
'Twas great when we were ther back in 2011, can't see why that would change only because of the caretaker, get water from Roeburne visitor centre for gold coin donation, there was a dump point and rubbish dump, pick your spot, $7 pn $35 a week $140 a month back then and I'm sure a damn sight warmer than here at the moment :roll:

Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:19 pm

We too stayed at Cleaverville in 2011. Great place. Close to Karratha for supplies if needed. Worth a visit to Roeburne while there.
Gemini&Leo

Fri Jul 05, 2013 5:59 am
Profile WWW

My wife and I stayed at Cleaverville in 2011 and camped close to the waters edge.Very nice place. A Caretaker was there and it was cheap to stay there. At that time you needed to be self sufficient. My wife is with vodaphone and believe it or not she was able to get reception and we made some phone calls. I think the mining operation nearby may have been responsible for the good reception. From memory the road in was sealed to the mining operation and then dirt after that.

Enjoy

Carsog

Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:59 pm

They have now added toilets and a new dump point, and picnic tables including pergolas over them.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:05 pm
Profile WWW

Hi. We stayed at Cleaverville last year. Great place, yes it was still $7.00 per night. You can also get water at Info centre at Karratha. Again a gold coin donation. If they have added toilets and a new dump point that will be great but they may have put up the price. A great spot all the same.

Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Post Re:Cleaverville Beach NOW!
Thanks for all the info heading down that way soon.

Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]