Old Mag DVD quality

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Old Mag DVD quality

Post by Old Techo » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:39 pm

We just watched an old CandM DVD labelled ‘Brisbane to the Top’

It is dated 2005 and stars Roothy and Gil.

The video quality was very good and it ran continuously for 1.25 hours….. no interruptions or adverts.

CandM just don’t make em like that anymore :(
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Lance
Rising star

Re: Old Mag DVD quality

Post by Lance » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey OT, ya wan me to send ya some of my vids ? HeHeHeHe.,……….don’t tell Mom …………… :)

A bit blurry, steamy actually, but you’ll pic up the story line pretty kwik ….. ;-)

blackmo
Been here for a while

Post by blackmo » Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:22 pm

Old Techo
I agree totally with your comments regarding the older DVD’s especially with Roothy and Gil. Despite commenting on line previously about the quality and composition of the DVD’s, it seems to fall on deaf ears. Of course it now appears to be very much a commercial venture which is disappointing, I often look at the older DVD’s because there is more interesting topics and knowledgeable presenters than what we see today.
Peter
Peter & Robyn
Royal Flair 21′
Prado GXL Auto

ALAN1963
Avid poster

Post by ALAN1963 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Hi,

That was the second DVD produced, the first was a trip across the Nullabor east to west in a couple of Subaru wagons towing Jayco pop top and wind up type vans. They had a Fiat motor home as well on the trip.
There seemed to be more emphasis on the trip rather than the attractions in the early DVD’s and really it would be hard to emulate the easy going chemistry that Gil and Roothy had early on when presenting.
A single presenter such as Fred does not have the luxury of having anyone to bounce thoughts and share discussions with on the DVD’s which possibly would work better.
I guess it comes down to dollars and cents.
I also think they could comment more on the tow vehicles performances including consumption etc as they have had a fair few different tugs.

Cheers AL

Return to “Your Say”