Farewell EMG

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Re: Farewell EMG

Post by TramcarTrev » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:11 am

It was going to cost a lot of money to take the matter through the courts so no compensation was obtained Those of us whose work had been ripped of did get an apology after Rumpole sent her a letter on his letterhead threatening redress

The silly woman later fell foul of the RSL when she declared ANZAC day a “political stunt”, the forum went into uproar someone cut and pasted her comments to the RSL who went to the Media Authority who acted faster than a startled gazelle and the forum was suspended while they investigated, yet again she had to withdraw her comments and apologise

I electronically mark all my photos but generally my attitude is that if I post something on the web its no longer private and generally I have no problem with people using my material unless they decide to make money out of it without giving credit

If you don’t want people to see or read your material then don’t post it is a good rule of thumb Electronic media has different rules to printed media Printed media eg a book or magazine has to ensure the material published is true and accurate

Electronic media is slightly different the reader is assumed to take responsibility for his or her actions to material they may read eg I could tell you all how to make a bomb and not be guilty of an offence but if you made the bomb and used it then you would be guilty, I would not escape entirely unscathed and it would be irresponsible of me to do so

Copyright I believe is very similar for both electronic or printed media, you are required to give credit to the source and if you wish to use the material for commercial purposes you are required to get permission in writing from the copyright owner

Thats what this thread is about, the credibility of the material published
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Return to “Your Say”