Poor Customer Service

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
gregnsue
Avid poster

Poor Customer Service

Post by gregnsue » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:12 am

On 6 June 2016 I ordered 20 issues of the magazine and received an email back confirming my order
and quoting an order number and customer number.

To date n0 magazines have been received and I have tried numerous times to reach someone by phone and have given up each time after about 10 – 15 minutes. Once I was asked to leave a phone number but never revived a a return call that day

This morning I tried again to get through and at long last someone actually spoke to me – said Hello and then I was cut off.

I have given up trying to reach this company and have decided that after checking my collection of DVDs most of the stories in the past few years are just repeats (with a few minor changes)

I really have to wonder how this company survives with such poor customer service
gregnsue

joe2006
An old hand

Re: Poor Customer Service

Post by joe2006 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:01 pm

Yeah I’m still waiting too but at least I got the reverse camera that came with the subscription straight away.
Cheers Joe

2009 Evernew E900 & white car

It’s run in- A moment in the indeterminate future or past represented by a nanosecond of peak efficiency immediately succeeding the running in period and immediately preceding the running out period

TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Post by TramcarTrev » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:47 pm

joe2006 wrote:Yeah I’m still waiting too but at least I got the reverse camera that came with the subscription straight away.
Now to get the Mag try cancelling the subscription – results guaranteed.
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Old Techo
Over 10 kay Club

Post by Old Techo » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:16 pm

gregnsue wrote:On 6 June 2016 I ordered 20 issues of the magazine and received an email back confirming my order and quoting an order number and customer number.
Rather than phoning have you tried replying to that email?

Is it this address… [email protected] ?
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Grande Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:05 am

My pet hate is buying the new mag and seeing rehashed pics….not good enough !!
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Post by TramcarTrev » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:25 am

Archer63 wrote:My pet hate is buying the new mag and seeing rehashed pics….not good enough !!
Only the rehashed pics??? what about rehashed articles that have just been updated…. I love the pics where they show a van all set up with a bloke cooking over the pull out BBQ can of beer in one hand, her sitting in a chair with a wine and the legs on the van are not down – and the caption reads “Jim checks the brakes for proper operations” :roll: :lol: :confused: :oops:
This apparently is a big problem with electronic set ups for printing, many assume that the computer is smart enough to do the proof reading/layout as well as just spell check.

Thats why this forum is a gem, you can get real information from a person who has done what you are looking into doing who has qualifications that are real from the school of life and not a masters in journalism….
Blogs;

Archer63
An old hand

Post by Archer63 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:32 pm

Agree TT.

If the mag keeps that up….won’t be buying.
Subscription ran out last month and I don’t think I will be re-subscribing again if they keep cheating with old stuff presented new again.
But….I do think they listen to criticism ….just look at the negative comments that came from when Fred was absolutely flogging that MU-X at every opportunity. Was over the top ….but I did notice that the references to it slowed in the months before the vehicle contract ended.

Cheers
Rob
2018 Pajero Exceed
2013 Jayco Swan Outback

J.REEVES
Rising star

Post by J.REEVES » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:00 pm

I am not sticking up for the magazine but how much can you say about caravanning and motorhomes?

We have the same problem on the forum we have at some time or another talked about everything even the “meaning of life” and then talked about everything again and again.

Only stuff I find interesting in mags is some new product on the market, I don’t even find the tech stuff that interesting and that is what I normally like. The tech sections are never 100% correct and really never come to any real conclusions just to general.

Not this mag but I purchased the other one as it had info on lithium so I thought it may have some interesting reading. A couple of lines and even said you would need a generator to charge lithium but did not say to use the 240V bit of the generator and a big battery charger which would be required for a quick charge.
They did say there was no definitive answer on solar and generators so that is something.

JR
:razz:

TramcarTrev
Cracked the big time

Post by TramcarTrev » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Archer63 wrote:Agree TT.
but I did notice that the references to it slowed in the months before the vehicle contract ended.

Cheers
Rob
As one would expect when discussing something supplied at discount with advertising to cover the slack – and that looks to be what was happening.
I nearly bought a MUX but after reading some “owner reviews” I decided thats Freds opinion was not exactly in line with what people who owned them said “great tug – but………………”.Though I have not experienced it first hand I know people who have been offered a discounted price in return for “positive, rapturous statements”.
Blogs;

Jazmin
Ex-staff

Post by Jazmin » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:09 am

Hi Greg & Sue,

Thank you for alerting us to your issue. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience this has caused, I can certainly understand the frustration. I don’t personally have the systems on my computer to check, but if you could check your PM or inbox, we can get some details through to customer service so they can help you out.
Journalist & Digital Coordinator
Caravan and Motorhome on Tour

Return to “Your Say”