Bait Advertising??

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
gregnsue

Bait Advertising??

Post by gregnsue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:51 pm

Like me you are probably bombarded with emails from EMG asking you to extend your subscription or to purchase products

Last month I tried to purchase a product from them to no avail. When they finally returned my call the next day I was told the item was sold out. Today I have spent over an hour trying to purchase a roof top bag

What a saga.....
Firstly the site could not provide the postage rate advertised at $15 for the item I wanted so the order was not processed

Secondly I rang the number waited in a queue for ages and was then told to leave name an phone number and before I could say anything the line dropped pout and I was listening to a radio station

Then I again tried to purchase via their web site but still experienced problems

Again I tried by phone waited in a queue for ages and was then told to leave name an phone number
I wonder how many days until they return my call and I will probably get the" sold out" story again

It appears to be a very poor way to run a business
Ah what a rant; but I feel slightly better but still no product
Will be even better tomorrow when we hit the road again

Safe travels
gregnsue

hank

Re: Bait Advertising??

Post by hank » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:10 pm

I got sick and tired of all their emails so I blocked them, I also told them to stop ringing me to extend my subscription, I was already about 2 years in front. The calls and emails have stopped.

Hank
Hank and Sue
2012 Prado GXL 3L Turbo Diesel
2011 Royal Flair 21ft Designer series

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:51 pm

No complaints from me....so far.
I bought one of their 12v Impact wrench's last Wednesday....arrived today. Bought online through PayPal with no issues.
Seems to be OK quality with its own decent plastic case, 2 wheel sockets, cigarette lighter connection and alligator clamps, with 4 spare fuses.
Wonder why they include spare fuses ?
Also just realised that the 12v cord that comes with it would be long enough to reach each car wheel ....but what about the van wheels....derrrrrr.....didn't think of that :roll: .
Seems ok but haven't tested it yet.

Just my observations so far.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:16 pm

Rob, my guess re 4 fuses is that the unit can be overloaded on really tight nuts so fusing is the inbuilt excessive heat protection.

I assume the instructions cover use including duty-cycle i.e. for how long it can be used continuously before having a rest. A number of electrical tools have a duty-cyle spec.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:06 pm

Archer63 wrote:....but what about the van wheels....derrrrrr.....didn't think of that :roll: .
Seems ok but haven't tested it yet.

Just my observations so far.

Cheers
Rob
Simple install one of these on your van connected to the house battery, http://www.jaycar.com.au/weatherproof-c ... a/p/PS2011 or, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-Marine-M ... SwubRXKW6E
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:54 pm

Correct OT...it does.
The instructions do mention not to let the impact go on for more than 4secs I think...and it did say something about letting the thing have a rest after a certain period of time.

TT...my Swan Outback does already come with an external cig socket....but for me to use it I would have to raise the roof a fraction to get inside and turn the battery power on. Not so difficult and can be done if required I suppose.
Note ...I do not have the van connected to the tug battery.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

hank

Post by hank » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:12 am

I got one of those impact wrenches a couple of years ago and must say that they work pretty good. I bought an air impact wrench from Aldi that is useless except on nuts that are not tightened up but the one I got from the magazine works fine. I also got an extension lead with mine but I usually use my battery pack when working on the wheels.

Hank
Hank and Sue

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:32 am

Hank...where did you get your 12v extension lead from ?

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

hank

Post by hank » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:22 am

From memory I believe it was with the impact wrench when I got it. I certainly dont remember buying it.

Hank
Hank and Sue

Archer63

Post by Archer63 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:51 pm

Ok thanks
Live For Today

Return to “Your Say”