View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 C&M on Tour Magazine 

Post Re: C&M on Tour Magazine
Let's face it, the principal of something for nothing is appealing, so slapping FREE on the cover of a magazine sure helps sales. We had one like that when I bought a series of magazines a few years ago - most were not fee free and one charged full caravan park prices in a nice location. While free to the Magazine means free from the sardine can environment of a crowded caravan park, free to most of us means no fees to pay. While they may pick up a few extra one-off sales, does this practice help C&M with repeat or continued business? No it doesn't.

mugndug wrote:
It seems to me that they are trying to make out that the majority of travelers free camp. It would be a very small percentage that do and thanks for that as the roadsides and bush would be overflowing with vans/motorhomes. The vast majority still use caravan parks, which are also overflowing at times. As for the DVD's, most are hanging in the garden.
Doug

I would certainly say the vast majority use caravan parks, but a fair proportion of these use them only sometimes, perhaps alternate nights or once or twice a week.

Guess what is the most common search for people who find my website from internet searches? 'Free camps' in specified places or even just in Australia. Many are seeking free camping. The word free is a sales gimmick for C&M.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:52 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2