View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Issue #197 Pajero/Royal Flair (Aussie mate) 

Post Issue #197 Pajero/Royal Flair (Aussie mate)
While reading issue #197 artical on Royal Flair Aussie Mate I noted a few discrepancies, to which I bought to the attention of C&M via email to which I got no reply, didn't really expect too.

Quote:
It's not often I'm compelled to write in, especially on a negative note.
However in reference to the article in issue #197 on the Royal Flair Aussiemate, this article shows the van being towed by a Pajero NM-NP model which I believe only has a maximum braked towing capacity of 2,500 kg, according to the specs of the van printed in the article the Aussiemate has a "Tare Weight" of 2815 kg, exceeding the Pajero's maximum tow weight by 315 kg. I can only hope that the van wasn't fully loaded whilst travelling for the 2 articles in this issue as the the vans ATM is listed at 3215 kg exceeding the Pajero's maximum tow weight by 715 kg .

For a well respected Caravanning and RV publication that promotes safe motoring/caravanning, I have to ask, What are you thinking?

One can only hope the the specs printed in the mag for this van where incorrect. And if not in furture road tests they will infact match a tow vehicle to the van.

Off my soap box now :rolleyes:

2014 Golden Eagle Escape (Now in tow)

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]