The Magazine Going Forward

Tell us your thoughts on the C&M magazine
Marg McAlister
Staff

Re: The Magazine Going Forward

Post by Marg McAlister » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:35 pm

gregnsue wrote:And the magazines response to the readers’ requests back in May for reviews of smaller vans is????????
Hi Greg and Sue,

We absolutely see the need for information about smaller vans. I’ve passed on not only the request for articles/profiles from this forum, but also comments from others I’ve met when travelling.

I’m interested myself -(we’ve decided to drop back in size for our own van).

Cheers
Marg
Marg McAlister
Travel Writer
Caravan & Motorhome on Tour

gregnsue
Avid poster

Post by gregnsue » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:12 am

Thanks Marg,

I am sure many readers will appreciate thiks
gregnsue

GregMusgrave
Getting the hang of it

Post by GregMusgrave » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:36 pm

Hi Marg and thanks for your reply. I look forward to accessing the magazine on line. Even while you’re travelling around Oz it proves difficult to get access to the current edition as well. I suspect your online subscriptions will go through the roof. Again many thanks and keep us all posted Muz

chris59au
Confident

Post by chris59au » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:45 am

Hi Marg,
Just reading the last few comments about smaller vans. We purchased our 16′ 6″ pop-up Montana back in 2010. Our first ever van plus first time towing. Wasn’t really interested in the larger vans(still not). Also had to consider driving it through to our backyard so we needed a smaller van. Have learnt heaps since then. We love it, easy towing and I don’t need to clean an ensuite as we don’t have one.LOL. Have noticed recently when asked how long our van is when booking into a park, some staff showing a sigh of relief. I think they’re wondering where to place those big 20 footers or fifth wheelers on the sites. Some caravan parks that have been around for many years weren’t built for these large vans. I am not knocking larger vans as my brother-in-law and his wife have a large van. If we do buy another van in the future we would still stick around the same size. We just put in an eco hot water system as well.
Also congratulations on your new position with the magazine. Heard that you and Rob will be over in W.A. next year. We plan to travel 3 months (longest time in our van) looking at W.A. and working our way down the west coast to the south and then back home (Brisbane). Will look at the dvd’s from your 12 month trip and other Caravan and Motorhome dvd’s relating to this state. Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Chris and Paul

Marg McAlister
Staff

Post by Marg McAlister » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:20 pm

GregMusgrave wrote:Hi Marg and thanks for your reply. I look forward to accessing the magazine on line. Even while you’re travelling around Oz it proves difficult to get access to the current edition as well. I suspect your online subscriptions will go through the roof. Again many thanks and keep us all posted Muz

I’m looking forward to its being online myself! And yes, as soon as I know when it’s happening, I’ll post it here.

Marg :-)
Marg McAlister
Travel Writer

Marg McAlister
Staff

Post by Marg McAlister » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:22 pm

chris59au wrote:Hi Marg,
Just reading the last few comments about smaller vans. We purchased our 16′ 6″ pop-up Montana back in 2010. Our first ever van plus first time towing. Wasn’t really interested in the larger vans(still not). Also had to consider driving it through to our backyard so we needed a smaller van. Have learnt heaps since then. We love it, easy towing and I don’t need to clean an ensuite as we don’t have one.LOL. Have noticed recently when asked how long our van is when booking into a park, some staff showing a sigh of relief. I think they’re wondering where to place those big 20 footers or fifth wheelers on the sites. Some caravan parks that have been around for many years weren’t built for these large vans. I am not knocking larger vans as my brother-in-law and his wife have a large van. If we do buy another van in the future we would still stick around the same size. We just put in an eco hot water system as well.
Also congratulations on your new position with the magazine. Heard that you and Rob will be over in W.A. next year. We plan to travel 3 months (longest time in our van) looking at W.A. and working our way down the west coast to the south and then back home (Brisbane). Will look at the dvd’s from your 12 month trip and other Caravan and Motorhome dvd’s relating to this state. Looking forward to it.
Cheers
Chris and Paul
Hi Chris and Paul,

It would be great to catch up with you in WA! We’re still in the early stages of planning, but we’ll have it all on Facebook as we go.

We’re actually looking for a van of around 19 – 20 ft – which I guess you probably would call a mid-size van? Anyway, it’s considerably smaller than the one we’re in, which is 22.5. It’ll be interesting to see what’s out there! (Oh, the search for the perfect van… !!!)

Cheers
Marg
Marg McAlister
Travel Writer

BennyT50
An old hand

Post by BennyT50 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:33 am

Marg,

Just reading the latest C&M magazine. In the article on Northwest Tasmania, on page 74 there is a list of caravan parks for the article. Unfortunately the parks mentioned in the article have no relation to it.

They list parks available in the Yeppoon/Rockhampton area.

I was interested in the parks from the article that the author may have styed at, but no.

BennyT50
2009 Mazda BT50 SDX – Jayco Eagle Outback.
BennyT50

Marg McAlister
Staff

Post by Marg McAlister » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:41 pm

BennyT50 wrote:Marg,

Just reading the latest C&M magazine. In the article on Northwest Tasmania, on page 74 there is a list of caravan parks for the article. Unfortunately the parks mentioned in the article have no relation to it.

They list parks available in the Yeppoon/Rockhampton area.

I was interested in the parks from the article that the author may have styed at, but no.

BennyT50
Sorry to hear that, BennyT50… can you tell me the issue number? (On the spine of the magazine.) In the later mags I have, Fred has moved on to Queensland. I’ll see if I can provide you with the info you need.

Cheers
Marg
Marg McAlister
Travel Writer

BennyT50
An old hand

Post by BennyT50 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:26 pm

Marg,

Haven’t got it with me at the moment, but it is the latest one.

BennyT50
2009 Mazda BT50 SDX – Jayco Eagle Outback.
BennyT50

gregnsue
Avid poster

Post by gregnsue » Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:45 am

Issue No 212 is thje one
gregnsue

Return to “Your Say”