View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Infomercials in C&M Magazine and DVDs 

Post Infomercials in C&M Magazine and DVDs
G'day All,

I am not a fan of infomercials in the magazine or on the DVDs. I know that the commercial reality of having paid advertisements in the magazine or on the DVDs helps pay the bills and overheads but these hidden ads are a danger to the credibility of the magazine and DVDs.

An infomercial is a paid advertisement and sometimes this is hidden under the heading of technical advice. The person giving this advice is hardly likely to say that their product is too dear or not really up to the job when in practice.

I would prefer to see technical advice given by people with the technical ability to offer independent advice without any connection to any particular supplier and therefore without any pecuniary interest. This is a similar situation to a caravan or motorhome builder supplying copy and pictures to put in a magazine - hardly an independent situation because they will overlook any shortcomings in design or function.

To me independently written reports would add to the credibility of the magazines and DVDs and therefore increase the confidence of the public to view the articles without skepticism.

Cheers CHONGA

Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:14 pm

Post Re: Infomercials in C&M Magazine and DVDs
Couldn't agree more.

Jock :neutral:

Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks Jock,

I thought that everyone has ignored my commentary. I just dislike BS being touted as gospel.

Cheers CHONGA

Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 pm

would also be inclined to think Nissan did the photo shots for the Blue Mountains segment in the latest Mag .
Great shots of the new fuel guzzler. good story though.

Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]