View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Tips & Tech on DVD 

Post Tips & Tech on DVD
Hi All!
My husband and I have beed subscribers for over 18mths and have since renewed for another. We purchased about a month ago the series of Rob & Marg Around Australia and enjoyed it immensely. What we found in the R&M series was a lot more Tips & Tech spots as well as new products which we both found extremely helpful. This was missing in the last 18mths worth of subscriptions and we must say that we were sick to death of Coopers Tires & Polaris adds! Can we have the Tech & Tips updated and back on DVD in the future please! Sometimes it's far easier to see the tip or tech rather than than go searching for it online or in forums etc. Thank you

Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:57 am

Post Re: Tips & Tech on DVD
Join the queue! A lot of people on this forum have been complaining about this situation for months however the only time someone from the magazine accesses the forum is when they want something from us. We know the discs cost and therefore are paid for by advertisers but I think they have gone a bit overboard. Advertising in both the mag and on the disc must amount to many thousands of dollars and I guess that is how they make their money; not from just mag sales.
There won't be an "us" soon as lots are leaving.
glanyard

Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
Unfortunately you are not only preaching to the converted but you are also preaching in the wrong place, the foum and the magazine are 2 comletely different entities and we (the forum) have absolutely nothing to do with the magazine and even less influance as to what goes into it.
Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:06 pm

Yes I must agree about the tech tips . I always found them interesting and helpful , more so than Cooper tyres and museums ( how many can you see ) and vineyards . My wife would like to see more about the contents of caravan parks , possibly some small tours that can/could go from a pick-up point at parks ( get rid of jumping pillows, aaahhhh) and maybe some free camp spots that are popular.
A good idea for a tech point maybe would be how to change wheel bearings on your van from go to wo, I mean inner and outer bearings . How can you identify them if you ever need to replace a set by the serial number , where do you find it etc,how can/do you remove a siezed bearing . That knowledge could get you out of a lot of trouble if you are the other side of the black stump stuck on the side of the road somewhere.

Lynn and Daryl 21ft 6 in Montana Archer
Mazda BT-50 turbo diesel

Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]