View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 magazine DVD's 

Post magazine DVD's
The dvd's in my last two magazines # 183 & 184 do not play this has only happened since the change to a lesser quality material (ie thickness). I know other subscribers are having the same problem what i would like to know is this problem being addressed,the dvd's in your magazine are great for planing trips and finding out about new products and servicesand is partly the reason why i subscribe to your particular magazine.

Best Regards
terrytravellingman

Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:08 pm

Post Re: magazine DVD's
Because I travel I do not have a subscription BUT I do normally buy the magazine from a store. Thankfully with people like yourself Terry posting here, I am able to know in advance when not to buy the mag.

I am sure there are others like me as well. Thank you.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:01 pm

I am also having "stop/start" problems with the new thinner DVD's. I look forward to the DVD and replay them over. The Warlu Way and Perth DVD's are almost unwatchable. I copied the Warlu Way onto another disk and it is 99% OK. My TV/DVD units (3 of) are reasonably new and all have difficulty playing the thinner disks.
Can C & M do future DVD's on "normal" disks?.
I am a long time subscriber.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:05 pm

Hi,

I agree the quality of DVD re thickness etc....very poor and does not play properly all the time.

I also keep mine to look at when I or my wife and I feel like armchair travelling and have all previous DVD's. I doubt these DVD's will last the distance.

My son subscibes to 4WD ACTION magazine which is under this magazines corporate banner and they have gone to the flimsy DVD's as well.

I believe if the bright spark who suggested swapping to this style of DVD doesn't review the desicion in a hurry the magazines will lose a large portion of subscibers as frankly I look forward more to the DVD in each issue.

To sum it up " NOT HAPPY JAN " !!

Regards AL

Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:35 pm

AGREE AGREE AGREE with all of the above!!!!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]