View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Any free camps within 100 to 150 klms of Sydney ????? 

Post Any free camps within 100 to 150 klms of Sydney ?????
G'day to all ,as we are new to free camping and want to get into it slowly feeling our way as we go with small and short trips to start off with ..Maybe two or three days at first to see how our solar set-up and water supply lasts the distance ...North or South or West is O.K. .but would like to keep the driving time down to a couple of hours if possible ..We have a small dog Ellie so that does place a lot of restrictions on us I know but she is part of the family and is a good companion ....If fishing is available that would be all the better ,I have noticed you can camp on Stockton beach and dogs are O.K. but do not know if a caravan is suitable and still gain access ....Cheers.Bob.............

Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:44 am

Post Re: Any free camps within 100 to 150 klms of Sydney ?????
Hi Labrat,
{ R.T.F.M}
I suggest that you refer to the Camp5 free camping book. The cost of $80 is well worth it as you will get you $$$ and you will get your $$$$ back in 3 free camps.
Like the old saying goes. If you want to know something then R.T.F.M. ( refer to the F...... manual.
It will always, well 99% of the time give you the answer.
Enjoy your trip

Jay&Dee

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:05 am

Thanks for that ,we were at the N.R.M.A .the other day and they had a camps 4 for $29.95 in new condition (1 only ) is their much differance between 4 and 5 besides the 500 or so extra places listed ..I read somewhere that there a quite a few of the sites listed ( in camps 5 ) that are obselite ..But it does sound like good value and as everyone always says that you get the money back in the first couple of free camps ...I do not mind having to pay a small fee to access some camps, and are the camp books normally a little cheaper at caravan shows as there is one in my local area in a couple of weeks ..the Penrith caravan show and best of all free parking and free entry and nearly as big as the Sydney Rosehill show .........Cheers .Bob........

Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:24 am

labrat wrote:
G'day to all ,as we are new to free camping and want to get into it slowly feeling our way as we go with small and short trips to start off with ..Maybe two or three days at first to see how our solar set-up and water supply lasts the distance ...North or South or West is O.K. .but would like to keep the driving time down to a couple of hours if possible ..We have a small dog Ellie so that does place a lot of restrictions on us I know but she is part of the family and is a good companion ....If fishing is available that would be all the better ,I have noticed you can camp on Stockton beach and dogs are O.K. but do not know if a caravan is suitable and still gain access ....Cheers.Bob.............

You cant get a caravan onto Stockton beach and even if you could i wouldnt as the tide comes in you will be washed away and you can have a dog as long as it on a lead its a National Park and the Aboriginal rangers patrol it.At the moment the entry closest to Newcastle called Lavis Lane is CLOSED as they are upgrading the entry road.Cheers Neil

Last edited by woodpecker on Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:11 pm

Try site 313 outa Gloucster on the Barrington River,nice grassed area, Free, no facilities ,dogs allowed and the lovely Barrington River at your door.Just dont go on any holiday or long weekends.Cheers Neil

Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]