Not a nice place to stay.

Tell us of the amazing Parks and Places you’ve stayed at
Archer63

Re: Not a nice place to stay.

Post by Archer63 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:01 pm

A little off the original geographical location that this post started from, but hopefully still relevant.

Last Friday we took our little swan outback up to Bongaree Cvan park for a short two night shakedown/getting to know you trip. Prior to our departure I did look up this park for any negative comments….just to get a little forewarning if there were any problems. There were a few negatives and a few positives regarding managers, being beside a main road etc. One negative even mentioned birds crapping on that persons car….noisy birds etc.
What we found, from our experience, was a very positive, enjoyable 2 day stay. Shower & toilet blocks were cleaned twice a day and were very generous in size, especially the shower cubicles. Grounds were clean and tidy. There were one or two things that maybe we’re not good and one was traffic noise at night which was not unexpected bring beside a main road and the other was flocks of white cockatoos seemed to like congregating in the surrounding gum trees. Gee they make a racket…but that’s just nature for you.

As I said above, we had a great experience and would go back again.

But….I did read another negative post from someone who had stayed there the same weekend and their experience was not as positive as ours. What’s the go there…have I got rose coloured glass on…or were they just negative people ?

Neither …..the answer is while we were staying in the same park within a 60 metres of each other….we had booked weeks in advance and got a nice spot while they were tucked down right next to some earth works that the park was undertaking on the Friday and Saturday due to possibly a later booking ? It was also a bit tight and squeezy down where they were.
I would probably have said the same if I were in their shoes….but we weren’t.

So the point I’m trying to make after saying all that is…..you can have different experiences in the same caravan park, even at the same time, but can come away with totally different perspectives for whatever reason.

Cheers
Rob
Live For Today

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Hi Karren, I am bewildered at how such a glowing report of a good park and fabulous owners can turn to mud so severely from a bad attitude incident with the management. It sounds like it is still a good park, so I do hope your report does not put people off and/or come back to haunt you.

If you scored the park on points such as

Nice surroundings
Clean amenities
Adequate hot water for showering
Easy to use shower recesses that drain well, with dressing cubicles that keep dry
Reasonable price for the area
Pet friendly
Disability access bathroom
Easy to access sites
Power at water points close to each site
Pleasant reception/management staff

In all honesty, if you gave a score of one to each of the above points, what would Bush Oasis Caravan Park score?
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

tar trekka

Post by tar trekka » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:58 pm

Hi there,

Are there two Bush Oasis Caravan Parks in Townsville?

The one we stayed at for a few nights in July last year was excellent.

The owners were very pleasant & obliging & we were not threatened in any way.

Sunday night was Sausages, Salad, Vegies & Entertainment, all for a “Gold Coin” donation for the Singer.

We had absolutely no issues at the Bush Oasis Caravan Park that we stayed in.

Tar Trekka.

Any day above the ground is a great day.

Old Techo

Post by Old Techo » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:25 pm

tar trekka wrote:We had absolutely no issues at the Bush Oasis Caravan Park that we stayed in.
Address please TT? ;-)
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

tar trekka

Post by tar trekka » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Hi there,

1 Muntalunga Drive,
Nome, Queensland, 4816

Bruce Highway, south of Townsville. (about 15 Kms )

Tar Trekka.

Any day above the ground is a great day.

Motherhen

A nice place to stay?

Post by Motherhen » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:37 pm

In fairness to the park, and seeing a glowing report be reversed and slating the caravan park because of the attitude encountered from Management, I asked Motleys to respond to this simple point scoring on what I consider important in a caravan park. They chose not to respond, and have not been on this forum since 3rd March.

With no further response from Karren on my points posted, my opinion is that a good caravan park experience turned sour after a “personality clash”. That does not warrant a one-sided post saying the park is “Not a nice place to stay”. If the Motleys caused a downturn in custom at this caravan park through their adverse publicity campaign, they could even face legal action.

Thanks Tar Trakka for you very different and favourable report.
Motherhen wrote:Hi Karren, I am bewildered at how such a glowing report of a good park and fabulous owners can turn to mud so severely from a bad attitude incident with the management. It sounds like it is still a good park, so I do hope your report does not put people off and/or come back to haunt you.

Nice surroundings
Clean amenities
Easy to use shower recesses that drain well, with dressing cubicles that keep dry
Pet friendly
Easy to access sites

In all honesty, if you gave a score of one to each of the above points, what would Bush Oasis Caravan Park score?
This information was brought to you by Australia so Much to See. See this and more on an informative travel website

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Danield

Re: A nice place to stay?

Post by Danield » Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:11 pm

Motherhen wrote:In fairness to the park, and seeing a glowing report be reversed and slating the caravan park because of the attitude encountered from Management, I asked Motleys to respond to this simple point scoring on what I consider important in a caravan park. They chose not to respond, and have not been on this forum since 3rd March.

With no further response from Karren on my points posted, my opinion is that a good caravan park experience turned sour after a “personality clash”. That does not warrant a one-sided post saying the park is “Not a nice place to stay”. If the Motleys caused a downturn in custom at this caravan park through their adverse publicity campaign, they could even face legal action.

Thanks Tar Trakka for you very different and favourable report.
Motherhen wrote:Hi Karren, I am bewildered at how such a glowing report of a good park and fabulous owners can turn to mud so severely from a bad attitude incident with the management. It sounds like it is still a good park, so I do hope your report does not put people off and/or come back to haunt you.

Nice surroundings
Clean amenities
Pet friendly
Easy to access sites

I have just read the first post again.
If it is true that people were told who, and who not, they could speak to in the park then, even if the above points were given 10 out of 10, it would still not be a nice park to stay in.
Would you be comfortable in it under those conditions?
Dan

Motherhen

Post by Motherhen » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:09 pm

Not knowing the full story or the reasons, I cannot say it would ‘not be a nice play to stay’ Dan. It does seem risky for Karren to slander an otherwise good CP on the internet. Other traveller’s internet reports indicate that it is a nice place to stay.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:40 am

Archer63 wrote:So…it would appear that just because a cvan park can call themselves a big4……doesn’t necessarily mean they are good ?
Absolutley, My mate Mr Gnome and I conducted an investigsation into the “Star Ratings” for van parks and made the discovery that it all depends on how much you wat to pay as the “stars” are actually bought and there was a downloadable form on the net where you could fill in the details and organise to pay for your stars and it was/is all self policed. Its explained here in modified form after Gnome and I had a go at them…. http://www.starratings.com.au/docs/defa … iday-parks

Big 4 were finding it tough competing especially as more free campers took to the roads and only families during School Holidays actually wanted “water parks”, jumping pillows and skateboard setups in parks. Hell now some of them even allow dogs….Can you imagine dogs in Big$ errr I mean Big4 parks?
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

TramcarTrev

Post by TramcarTrev » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:23 am

Archer63 wrote:you can have different experiences in the same caravan park, even at the same time, but can come away with totally different perspectives for whatever reason.

Cheers
Rob
Now thats the truth… Because we are humans we all have a different perspective on everything… Some of us are gregarious and demand a campfire/entertainment every evening, other less so and are happy with what we get.

Van parks are at best speculative in as much as the site I have may be seen by others as “better” than theirs while I think that the other site is “better”…. define “better”; well you know what I mean just “better”….

Ever notice the same people going back to the same park at the same time to the same site every year? Then get home and whinge that the manager has changed and that “ruined” the holiday?

Then there are the serial complainers, they are always in the “office” complaining about something, dobbing someone in, or whinging that the fish and chip shop reccomended by the Park is closed on Sundays….

Then there are the “White Knights” who take it on themselves to act as a vigilante and complete minor park works themselves, make sure when you arrive that you know where your power and sullage points are and are tell you to wrap your garbage while they lean on a spade that they have just been using to scrape sand out of the gutter with while suggesting that with your van you should have been on site 36 so you dont ruin others view of the beach, mountains or whatever…

I’m in the next group, I’m a do gooder. I wander around telling/showing/assisting people how to check the anode in the HWS, how to convert their Toot to a vented system so they no longer need chemicals, show them how to actually check the various fluid levels in their tug engines (you would be astounded how many people dont know) and also with my OBD scanner check for engine faults and turn off warning lights and now I seem to spend a lot of time advising people how top rip out their uncomfortable dinette and replace it with recliners… And Im damned good at it too I often hear remarks soto voce OH @%$*&#@ here comes that bloke again, quick get out of sight…

Yeah we all see the same thing but each and everyone of us sees it differently, being objective about reviewing anything is very hard because we all have emotional bias built in.
Blogs;

http://trevs-tramway.blogspot.com.au/
I do have a travel blog for Australia and Asia. Acess it through my profile.

Return to “Great places to stay”