View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Toowoomba - Pet Friendly Caravan Park 

Post Toowoomba - Pet Friendly Caravan Park
Hi Everyone - hope you're all well.

We live in Emu Park (Central QLD) and have planned a visit to Toowoomba for the Carnival of Flowers this year (first time we've been to the Carnival). We plan on staying for 4 days/nites and will be travelling with our cat (well behaved indoor cat used to caravan travel).

Now I've done some research and it appears that there is only two pet friendly caravan parks in Toowoomba:
a. Jolly Swagman Caravan Park, Kitchener St - has horrible reviews; &
b. Toowoomba Showgrounds - mixed reviews.

1. There is some previous reviews in 2008/2009 re Toowoomba not being a pet friendly caravan park town - has anything changed since back then? :?:

2. Does anyone have a recommended pet friendly caravan park in Toowoomba? :?:

3. What do you think of the Showgrounds? :?: Have read comments re not enough water but I am happy to purchase bottled drinking water for 4 days if I have to.

Appreciate any suggestions in advance.

Thnx & take care
Katie
:razz:

Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:30 pm

Post Re: Toowoomba - Pet Friendly Caravan Park
Katie,
We stayed at the Showgrounds with our Kelpie and thought it was ok! No jumping pillows or things but the facilities are adequate, but not 5 star. The time we were there, there was a horse gymkhana and a cycle event, so we had free entertainment for the weekend. Some sites are uneven but we managed to level the van, sites have water, electricity and sullage, they also have a dump point. Fees were reasonable, I think about $25.
Cheers
Colin & Liz

Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]