View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Queanbeyan Caravan Parks 

Post Queanbeyan Caravan Parks
We are going to Canberra end of Feb. early March 2015, looking to stay at Queanbeyan. done a search on site for Queanbeyan Caravan Parks, looking for any or more info on Crestview Tourist Park and Riverside Tourist Park if anyone has stayed in either of these Parks more recently this year.

Ray & Bev

Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:17 am

Post Re: Queanbeyan Caravan Parks
viewtopic.php?p=158204#p158204

We stayed there on 2 occasions. Crestview is a compact park with tight access. Nothing flash but was OK then.

Last year we decided to try a Canberra park and picked the best and most expensive. We had researched a great deal and read that all Canberra parks are subject to bloody noisy schoolkid excursions making a ruckus late at night. We had exactly that issue and got out of bed after midnight to complain at the office. No more Canberra parks for us.

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:54 pm

We stayed at the park at the bottom of the hill where the Telstra tower is located. Very bright at night. No problems with school kids. A very big park with lots of cabins and motel units. Van sites were pretty full every night. What amazed me was they did not have a dump point. I was told to go out to the race track as there was a dump point there. I did that once and without the sat nav would have struggled to find my way home.

I then realised that every morning there was a procession of vanners (men) heading to the toilets clutching their wee buckets and the odd cassette. Suffice to say no more trips to the race track.

The park its self was old, had drive thru sites all concrete and gravel. The owners were obviously pulling as much money out as possible for as little as possible expenditure. If I go to Canberra again would probably stay there again also. Its close to everything. Old but serviceable.

Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:24 pm

We always stay at Canberra South Caravan Park. As you drive in there is a pub, a restaurant and a small shop. There are a lot of permanent residents. Sound off-putting? Well we have never had a problem. The powered sites are all in one avenue or if unpowered there are large areas where you can camp far away from others. There isn't a pool but there is a children's play area. We like it because it is close to Kingston where there are restaurants and markets. Narrabundah is walking distance and has three good restaurants. Fyshwick is across the road and has markets and a large number of shops for those interested in camping, caravans, outdoor activities etc. it is not far to the lake, Manuka, Parliament House and all the places of interest.

We don't spend much time in the park as we are usually out exploring or riding our bikes. There is always something new to see in Canberra and each season is quite different. We usually stay there in our van on our way south to visit family in nearby Kingston.

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]