View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 CHARLTON, VICTORIA 

Post CHARLTON, VICTORIA
iF you really want to be surrounded by Happy,Friendly people then stop at Charlton , Victoria – right on the Calder Highway between Sea Lake and Bendigo.

Have you ever had an ensuite complete with heated shower room for just $25 INCLUDING POWER or Spotless usual caravan park facilities with power – $15 OR if your self contained – FREE and its OK for fido as well.

What a town – the shopkeepers have time to share with you and i bet you could not better the meat at Bourks.

First time we stayed just seemed so unreal for a whole town to be Tourist Aware but now again – its hard to believe.

From our experience we will never pass up the chance to at least spend a couple of nights in Charlton and hope to see you there one day

regards

peter

Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm

Post Re: CHARLTON, VICTORIA
hi peter glad you had a good stay we grew up this area , great little town , great spirit there the park only recently re opened , we volunteered with blaze aid there , that little river a few yrs ago turned into a raging torrent and flooded most of the town and surrounds , still was signs yrs later of people battling in charlton after the floods and insurance companies BS , hope many more stay there 8-)

Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:34 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop
peterseaford wrote:
iF you really want to be surrounded by Happy,Friendly people then stop at Charlton , Victoria – right on the Calder Highway between Sea Lake and Bendigo.

Have you ever had an ensuite complete with heated shower room for just $25 INCLUDING POWER or Spotless usual caravan park facilities with power – $15 OR if your self contained – FREE and its OK for fido as well.

What a town – the shopkeepers have time to share with you and i bet you could not better the meat at Bourks.

First time we stayed just seemed so unreal for a whole town to be Tourist Aware but now again – its hard to believe.

From our experience we will never pass up the chance to at least spend a couple of nights in Charlton and hope to see you there one day

regards

peter

Thanks Peter
It’s great to have info like that, you can share it with many by visiting Badger’s site
http://acpr.myparklist.com/
and leaving a report

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:18 pm

We have called in there for morning smoko several times on our travels north/west.

Also stayed there twice overnight and enjoyed the van parking facilities and the tucker at the adjacent pub :D :D

There are 6 ensuite sites in 2 circles of 3. We were the only ones there both times.

Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:53 pm
Victoria is an amazing place with warm people always have a smile in their faces. This is a good place to stay and the their food are great. I spend two weeks for a personal business and I was impressed with the community. I am hoping to be back there soon.

Last edited by nimdA on Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Commercial link removed

Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Sounds like a great little town, I’ve put it on our list. We really enjoy the country towns
Sandy

Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]