View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Caravan parks in Broome 

Post Caravan parks in Broome
Hi folks
My wife and I are planning a trip for next May up to Broome for around four weeks. Tentative idea is to spend a week travelling up through Meeka, Newman and then onto Broome, free camping along the way. After two weeks we intend to travel down the coast back to Mandurah also free camping as much as is possible for another week.
My concern is that after researching accomodation in Broome I am at a loss to find something suitable. Our stumbling block is our little furry family member:) two parks are claiming they are pet friendly- Tarangua and Gateway. The first is in town and the latter about 25 Kim's out of town. On looking at reports on Wiki camps and other sites I'm finding that the one in town is very regimented and unfriendly as well as cramped and noisy. The one out of town is new and under development but has large bays and seems very friendly but without power. Also being 25 Kim's out rules out strolls down to the beach, fishing etc.
before I rule out staying at Broome for more than a few days I was wondering if I could draw upon the collective wisdom of the forum members and get some feedback on parks they may have used especially if they are dog friendly.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers
Peter

[img]C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\ava.jpg[/img]

Fri May 02, 2014 10:45 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Caravan parks in Broome
Peter, even though you have your furry little friend on board, that still won't stop you from enjoying your walks along the beach and doing a tad of fishing. Stay at the park out of town and travel to your destinations taking you furry friend along with you, everyone else does. Book well ahead as May is very busy in Broome. Safe & happy travels.

Peter & Meta.

Fri May 02, 2014 11:01 pm

My personal choice would be Gateway. There are no powered sites, but generators are permitted. Some years ago we stayed at a CP in town towards Cable Beach (travelling without pets) and it was noisy at night.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Sat May 03, 2014 8:34 am
Profile WWW

I may be wrong but I think the PCYC or Rifle Club might take pets?? - thats if they are open at that time as I think they are only allowed to open when the caravan parks are filling up.

Jeff.

Sat May 03, 2014 11:27 am

Your correct Jeff, they can open their gates when all the parks are full and take the overflow, a lot of them stay put even when van parks have room.

Peter & Meta.

Sat May 03, 2014 9:51 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18' poptop
We found Broome to be THE most pet UNfriendly town in our travels, we only went to Broome the second time (and we had no pets with us then) because we needed to see a doctor.
we will miss it out altogether next time
BUT saying that, I believe tha everyone should experience things for themselves, our thoughts may differ to yours.

the decision is yours

Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Sun May 04, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies. I was certainly picking up on the lack of pet friendly accomodation in the town which is shame if it causes people to avoid the town on their travels.
I was hoping someone has had a stay at one of the two pet friendly locations and provide some feedback about their stay particularly the Tarangua Park as I would like to stay closer to the water than the Gateway.
Thanks again to everyone who took the time to offer a comment.
Cheers
Peter

[img]C:\Users\Peter\Desktop\ava.jpg[/img]

Mon May 05, 2014 9:50 pm
Profile WWW

I am not certain now, but it may have been the CP we stopped at some years ago as it was in that area. The noise from the Cable Beach strip kept up all night.

From Badger's

Quote:
Small pets ONLY allowed with conditions, also pets are ONLY allowed seasonally - ie not in peak season, outside season 1 June to 30 Sept.

- - -

Small inside caravan dogs only.

Motherhen

Red Desert Dreaming

Tue May 06, 2014 1:14 am
Profile WWW

When we visited Broome about 3 years ago we stayed at Roebuck Plains Roadhouse http://www.broometravel.com/roebuck-pla ... avan-park/
At that stage the park was being upgraded. Its about 35 k into Broome but the distance was really nothing almost a straight road all the way. When we tried to get a site at Broome all the parks were fully booked. We were offered a site at one of the overflow parks which had no power, water and I think they were asking about $65 P/N for that. We enjoyed our 3 days at the Roadhouse .

Fri May 09, 2014 7:46 pm

Jeffie wrote:
I may be wrong but I think the PCYC or Rifle Club might take pets?? - thats if they are open at that time as I think they are only allowed to open when the caravan parks are filling up.

Jeff.

When we were in Broome last year the PCYC took pets and if I remember correctly they had a 1 week maximum stay.

Sat May 10, 2014 1:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]