View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Caravan shows 

Post Caravan shows
Hi all ,this is a question for those in the know that organise the Caravan & camping shows . I was wondering who organises the shows and would it PLZImage be possible to have a show down here in Tassie . As far as I know tassie has missed out (as per usual). We really are very nice people and don’t bite , Much ,lol. There is a vast amount of caravan owners etc and I’m sure it would be extremely popular, besides, as we have two heads, it means we would spend twice as much ( money!). Tassie is inundated with travellers from all over Australia and overseas , not to mention the’ locals’ during the warmer months ( yes, it does get hot here !) would it not be a great opportunity to hold a caravan show down here ? Please

TTFN

Bev

Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:05 pm

Location: Aldinga Beach SA (in the Fleurieu peninsula)99 Mistubishi Challenger, 1996 J-co DISCOVERY 18′ poptop
The first problem I can see there is the cost of getting the whole shamozle over to Tazzy and the cost involved.
Frank

BLOGS
http://www.adelaidetoperthviadarwin.blogspot.com
http://www.tassietour.blogspot.com
http://thewesternadventure.blogspot.com/

Also member of Travellers chat

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:05 pm

Post my bubble’s just been popped frank
yeah Frank I thought of that , the ‘Spirit’ has a great deal on at the moment fares cut by 50 %…..Trouble with moi, is I like to look AND TOUCH and it’s kinda not the same shopping on the net…One can but only hope

Bev

Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:42 pm

Most caravan shows (Certainly the major ones) are organised by the State RV Industry Associations.
Smaller ones in some cases maybe organised by a number of dealers or indivaduals.
The cost of transporting RV’s and other associated industry related components to Tassie would be prohibitive.
A Tassie show would therefore have to rely on local dealers and stockists which by definition would severly limit the variety of products offered fro sale. Also the lack of population and thus the numbers through the gate would also limit a shows viability.
Just my thoughts.
ozjohn.

Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:04 am

Post Thx ozjohn
Thanks ozjohn

now I really feel deflated, will just have to work twice as hard to get over to Tassies nothern island (the mainland) . You’re right though ,the only show apparently is at ‘kings’, in their own yard where they only sell Jayco’s. Never mind,will have to plan an interstate trip ,if I can find my passport lol

Cheers

Bev

Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:35 pm

Post Tas
Bev.
If you sneak out at night you don’t need a passport.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:33 pm

Hi….I was on the Caravan Board that organises the Caravan show in Melbourne. We hold them for our members ie. caravan dealers and manufacturers etc. In Tasmania you only have a small organisation. They could hold a show but it needs all the Dealers and Manufacturers working together. Ask the dealer in your area to organise one.

Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:24 pm

Post will do
Thanks ImageTCM, good advice ,will do that , might be a first in Tassie eh?, where’s there’s a will there’s a way. Stay posted .

TTFN
Bev

Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:15 am

Post Re: Caravan shows
For all who will be in Sydney on the 10th 11th & 12th of September there is a FREE caravan & camping show at Penrith Pathers.
It is a great show not quite as big as the Caravaing & Camping show at Rosehill but just as good :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next