View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Losing water, please help. 

Post Losing water, please help.
Hi experts,

We have a Paramount delta limited edition 2005 model. When we fill our 2 tanks with water we seem to lose at least a quater of the water during a trip. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?
Would be happy to hear from you.

Regards, Snazzy.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:13 pm

Post Re: Losing water, please help.
might be a good idea to ring paramount and ask about it snasy

we have a paramount cruiser and havent had any problems at all though ours is only a few moths old

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Hi snasy.
I just wrote all this 3 minutes ago to another post and hope it helps.It may be irrelevant.
This is interesting. There is no way that a water tank can be syphoned from the over flow if it fitted correctly. Put simply when a tank is filled to capacity, the over flow at the top expels the air and stops the tank from bursting. Incidentally this is good now and then to flush the overflow out.
But once water is stopped via the filling point the over flow will stop running.
Only if the fitter actually inserted a section of hose down into the tank say 100 mm, then it would vacuum until the water level reaches the bottom of the pipe.
Most tanks have a nipple to connect the overflow pipe at or near the top of the tank.

For a start, you cannot lose water and have no sign of it on the ground. Even a slow leak will be easily seen. Sometimes people believe the tanks a full due to an air lock but the tank gauges don't know what an air lock is and should show if filled right up.
I would suspect the gauges for a start and fit new batteries, Then fill one tank at a time and make sure they over flow,,but don't use high pressure when it is nearly full. Then watch for syphoning. Then watch for leaks in the next day.
The only other possibilities are that the little lady has used the water cleaning and not told you, or evaporation.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:21 pm

Check under your van and see if the 2 tanks are piped together and then having 1 feed to the pump from both of them .I had this problem on my traveller van and when both tanks are full and the van was on unlevel ground 1 tank would syphon out into the other then overflow from the lower tank .I solved it by replumbing so both tanks had a seperate pipe feeding the pump to a tee piece next to the pump . At the pump i fitted a non return valve in each line and a tap so 1 tank could be emptied without touching the other. Try this.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:15 pm

My mate has a Golden Eagle van that only has a breather on top of the tank. {No breather pipes]. He looses up to a 1/4 of his water while driving along. We have checked this by physically getting under the van and checking that the tank is full before leaving and again after arriving at our destination. A breather pipe is on his to do list.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]