View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Motorhome windows 

Post Motorhome windows
Hey all,
atm Im on the lookout for windows for the motorhome build,now Ive been looking at the Camec range due to the fact they are the only ones I could find that are ADR compliant.
Problem is that the Camec range will only fit into a 30ish mm aperture width yet on the coach the body framing is closer to 55mm and I couldnt find any to fit the RHS width.

I have seen the Camecs but they dont lend emselves to being modded to fit in as I would need to widen the frame.
So I went back to Award RV and they had 1 Hehr unit(ex demo or used,they wernt sure....was used when I got it home to check) that was perfect width.So I bought it and now am trying find an Aussie dealer for the other 3 units.
Now Im fully aware the Hehr are not ADR complianced but I dont really care about some crap rule saying I must have them ADR approved,hence you caravan owners are a darn lucky bunch in that respect :)
Reason is that no-one will be in those areas when the coach is moving as they will or better be seated.
Anyway I plan on replacing the screens with Lexan anyway so there is no chance of any glass being strewn around if a breakage should occur.

Another option is to frame the areas and panel up the coach and leave them out for the engineering cert and fit them afterwards.
Or just get some lil ADR triangle stickers made..... as was a hint given by a caravan manufacturer today whilst visiting the showroom and workshop for info....was a top tip! wont name the company tho(and not the one mentioned above) but certainly will be using them for some future purchases as they show some good old common sense and nice peoples to talk to aswell.

Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:31 pm

Post Re: Motorhome windows
Hi,

Have you tried this mob?

http://www.customcoasterconversions.com.au/---PARTS-AND-ACCESSORIES---.html

Cheers
Gerry

Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:01 pm

Post Re: Motorhome windows
Cheers Gerry,yep currently in email convo with them atm as to what they may have to fit so thats a good start.
Shall post up soon as to what I find for it.

Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]