RVMAA – combine all questions for answers

burky53

Re: RVMAA – combine all questions for answers

Post by burky53 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Bazza, I could not agree more with your comments regarding the uselessness of the RVMAA, and have actually raised some of the same issues you did, with the editor of the online newspaper, CARAVANNERS NEWS (my letter was published in the May edition. (caravannersnews.com.au)
Have a read if you wish. The CEO of the RVMAA decided against responding to my article when asked to do so by the editor.
Toothless, useless and a total waste of oxygen the whole organisation is as far as I am concerned.

burky53

Post by burky53 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:58 pm

Sorry, that should be CARAVANNING NEWS (not CARAVANNERS )
Burky53

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:35 am

Hi bubblie60,
Fair comment and I reckon Bazza The OP was on the money as well. And now that the man in charge previously, Colin, has just left the organisation we will have to see if the next bloke can ably follow in his foot steps.

But I reckon some things are out of the scope of any one organisation, and to ask The RVMAA to adjudicate in business practices which lead to previous bankrupts starting over is just to hard to achieve.
If the laws permit it, what can any one do? Certainly not discriminate.
But it sure has to stop being a rubber stamp for well intentioned manufacturers who simply do what they like and flout their own principal by incorrect procedures.
Unfortunately it’s like buying used cars ,or new ones for that matter, we don’t wake up to how the industry works until we have had at least one van and found the pit falls for our selves.
The RVMAA is for the manufacturers and not the public.

I had an issue with a brake reseller and the quality of a certain set of magnets not working. The problem cost me a lot of time and the re installation of a complete set of brakes to one axle. I wrote to Colin as that company was in the RVMAA.
He simply went straight to that company, and gave them the information I had given him in confidence. And then left me to sort it out with the company. All I got for my trouble was a lot of denials an that it was a one off and wouldn’t occur again.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Return to “General Industry Questions”