View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Big toy training!!! 

Post Big toy training!!!
AG Training is offering courses in driving heavy farm machinery. Harvesters, headers etc. I believe the training is held in Dalby QLD.
A 10% discount is also being offered to groups of 5 or more who mention "No Boundaries".
http://www.agtraining.com.au

Disclaimer - I have no affiliation with this company & receive nothing from promoting them. :cry: (Bugger)

Cheers
Kym

Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

Post Re: Big toy training!!!
Look I may be wrong, but I just can't imagine any farmer putting someone in their $500,000 header who has done a one week course and sporting an official piece of paper. They would have rocks in their head.

Peanut

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:18 pm

To Peanut, While we understand what your saying but the reality is we have labour shortages throughout the Agricultural Industry in Australia, for the last five years we have trained people from all over the world to help over come this commerical issue for our country.
Our course give you the basic's on machinery driving techiques and maintenance of the machine. We tell employers that they have a standard training on the operations of that particular machine, but a trainee does not become a industry operator until you have about 2 seasons under your belt.
Our trainers are very experience in machiney operations, and understanding what Agricultural industry requires.

Phil S

Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:50 pm

PhilS

I have no issues with this type of training for someone going into the Ag Industry on a more permanent basis where they will be using this equipment on a daily basis and well into the future, but Kym's post (I believe) is referring to people getting certificates so they can pick up adhoc work around Australia to suppliment their holiday. Big difference. So I am saying if I need someone for a month, I don't think I would put someone in my header who has only done a one week course. However, if I were prepared to train someone on a more permanent basis I would think that the course would have been a good introduction to the future training which would be provided on-farm for the longer term.

I am not knocking the courses - they are a good idea, but to the right people.

Peanut

Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:41 pm

To Peanut,
Thank you for your input and your comments.
These courses will give you the confidence to operate these machines. We have be running these course for 5 years now with people from all over the world and to our knowledge not one machinery accident has occurred by the people who have attended our courses.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:04 am

PhilS wrote:
To Peanut,
Thank you for your input and your comments.
These courses will give you the confidence to operate these machines. We have be running these course for 5 years now with people from all over the world and to our knowledge not one machinery accident has occurred by the people who have attended our courses.

PhilS ive read these courses are being run in Dalby if say you are selected where are you accomodated for the course in Dalby or is it on the property where the course is run,i seen a group of caravans in the photo images.Cheers Neil

Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:47 am

Neil,
The accommodation and meals are supplied at the training centre.

Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Neil,
The break up of the cost of the course is as follows
Total cost is $985.00 for seven days for Australia & NZ citizens. This price also includes $400.00 for Accommodation and meals. So if you want to supply your own accommodation and meals the cost of the 7 day course is only $585.00.

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:54 am

Thanks for your reply PhilS.
Cheers Neil

Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:01 am
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]