viterra jobs

Job ads for positions involving the RV industry or travelling
lynley.des

Re: viterra jobs

Post by lynley.des » Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:30 pm

Well It is very interested to read all the rubbish about working for Viterra. My Husband and I have worked in SA for Viterra for 2 years and before that for ABB grain for 1 year. We love the work and this year are moving into the Murray area to work to give us a change of area. They are great company to work for, I think people should not listen to what people say, unless they have worked for the company. You get the position, THEN you do a medical which lasts for a period of 2 years at no charge to you. Then when you are due to start work you are given the pre site safety course which today you have do to at any large companys. You are paid to do this even if it is at your home PC. You are supplied with all uniform, Boots trousers, tops, googles, hat and sweaters if needed. I worked in the weighbridge and my Husband run a block of 12 Silos (at age of 65). We loved the people we met being drivers and farmers and would work for them as long as they have us back. SO take no notice of what is said unless you hear from the horses mouth.

musketeer1

Re: viterra jobs

Post by musketeer1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:28 pm

well said ,thats our thoughts as well . we loved the work , the area but most of all the people . we made a lot of friends ,including farmers and truckies. we wanted to learn about the wheat and how the harvest works . the farmers were very friendly and explained what goes on . we have been fortunate enough to be asked back again this year , my husband worked at the bunkers but first of all he worked at the silo’s but he enjoyed the bunkers most and I worked at the weighbridge and then in receivals. these people are what australia is all about , its good to get out there and discover where wheat comes from and what process it goes through. we are currently working at the cotton warehouse and learning about this as well and loving it . it’s not always about the money ,but it does help,we just enjoy the experience, all I can say is why not give it a try and learn a little along the way.
happy hour here we come

Return to “Work the Dream!”