View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Paint on scratch resistant coating 

Post Paint on scratch resistant coating
A number of years ago I read in one of the 4x4 mags about a clear coating that you can paint on your 4x4 to help resist scratches to the paint when out in the scrub. When you return home you can wash it off with water. Does anyone know what the product is and where you can buy it from?

Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 pm

Post Re: Paint on scratch resistant coating
The Crow wrote:
A number of years ago I read in one of the 4x4 mags about a clear coating that you can paint on your 4x4 to help resist scratches to the paint when out in the scrub. When you return home you can wash it off with water. Does anyone know what the product is and where you can buy it from?

I have just had my Sorento XCoated my vehicle is black so you can imagine.The process cost me about $500 it removed all the swirls and scratch marks out of my paintwork,plus the acid rain marks,completly gone.I would reccommend it to anyone.I am not affiliated or have anything to do with XCoat I am just one happy vegimite at how my vehicle looks now,there is 2 year waranty as well.
The process is an American idea as far as I know.It protects against water marks ,swirl marks,and fine scratches.

Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:25 pm

I know little about it but I do know of a guy who uses it.

Said it's similar to PVA wood glue and the first time he used it he thought he'd stuffed his paint.

He was raving about the stuff, but to be honest he goes and does stupid things in the bush where he will get his car scratched. He see's 4WDing as a challenge and entertainment and I see it as a method to get where I'm going. I take the easiest track I can and take it easy.

In the last 7 years of 4WDing full time for work, as well as on holidays, I'm yet to damage a vehicle let alone get scratches on it.

Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi Rod this XCoat sounds good, would it help in stopping tree sap damaging paintwork :?:

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Hi Crow, the product you are after is called "Scratchpro" I got it from TJM it comes with a roller and you just roll in on the side of the car. It will stop the small scratches , but not a large stick.
when you finnish you just peel it off.
Bob

Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]