View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 TJM IBS Dual Battery System 

Post TJM IBS Dual Battery System
Hi TJM 4WD,

I hope you can answer my question.

I am going to install a TJM IBS dual battery system (already purchased) and just need some info.

Is it possible to put some sort of voltage cut off switch in between the aux battery and the accessories that are run off the aux battery? I am thinking of running a 40L engle, UHF, eeepc and GPS in the vehicle off the aux battery and also a 50amp anderson plug to the van. I would like to put a voltage cut off switch in there so that it will cut off the supply to all the accessories if the voltage of the aux battery drops below an acceptable level.

The van will have its own batteries that are charged via the anderson plug, solar or 240v but I think if I left the van plugged into the vehicle over night, the van would still be connected to the vehicle aux battery and possibly be drawing from it. I don't think that the van would suck the aux battery dry but I just want a bit of extra protection for the aux battery so that it can't get completely flattened beyond what it should be.

Regards
Steve

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Post Re: TJM IBS Dual Battery System
jaycar product CAT. NO. KC5377
for @ $32 + wires, relays & case say $10 more

or from any other supplier $300-$400 fully assembled & garenteed

Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:28 am

Post Re: TJM IBS Dual Battery System
Steve a voltage cutout can be a good idea but remember if you stay pluged into the van, the vans battery will need to drop to that voltage too for the cutout to work,
eg; if you have a cutout at say 11.5 volts and stay pluged in, the van and aux battery will both need to be drawn down to 11.5v before the the isolater will shut down the power and the isolater will need to fitted into the power lead of the load for it to work.

the way you are thinking of doing it you will need to unplug your vans battery for it to work.

Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]