Dometic RMD 8555 AES

No longer serviced by Dometic but retained for reference and still open to members
Old Techo

Re: Dometic RMD 8555 AES

Post by Old Techo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:27 am

Gary, try here on how to post pics... http://www.candm.com.au/forum/viewtopic ... 40#p103540

The post notifications you mentioned have not worked for years. I reported it a few times and then gave up :(

The RMD 8555 is still shown at Dometic NZ... http://www.my-caravanning.com/en/produc ... 8555/47228

The model code breakdown you will see in the following pic. Yours therefore is RM (= fridge mobile) D (= double door) 8 (= model range) 5 (= width 525 mm) 5 (= depth, standard plus 55 mm) 5 (= AES).
plate1.jpg
The rating plate (poor quality pic) depicts specific info including climate class. I cannot find on the net a model 8555 with class other than SN.
plate2.jpg
Something fishy if Oz Dometic have pulled the 8555 from their website :o :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards, Old Techo
2007 Prado Diesel Auto
2004 Roadstar Limited Edition

TheScotts

Post by TheScotts » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Yes it is very fishy Old Techo...

Does anyone know Gerry Ryan's (Jayco head honcho) email or phone number?? So we can contact him direct as we can't seem to get past others...

Gary & Sheree Scott
Gary & Sheree Scott
40th Ann 97 Landcruiser Petrol
2014 Jayco Silverline

A'van

Post by A'van » Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:15 pm

E&H
Toyota Aurion + A'van Aliner

TheScotts

Post by TheScotts » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:29 pm

Hi Hans

?? bit confused about these links ??

We are in the Hunter Valley NSW so nowhere near Bendigo :confused:

Today our Air Conditioner died (5 months old) had not worked correctly since we got it and is another major issue with this van - even after a new circuit board and a new remote and it's like 40 degree's here today...have contacted local dealer via email and sms as they will not answer our calls - still nothing...this is a bloody living nightmare...we just don't know what to do?? We have also rung Melbourne Jayco and left messages??

We have a fridge that will not work and now an air conditioner??? Sorry we are so distraught they have even blocked us on their page on facebook...
Gary & Sheree Scott
2014 Jayco Silverline

Mally

Post by Mally » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:21 pm

I think I would get rid of it and start again. Cut your losses. I am amazed that you are having so much trouble and yet so many others are very happy. Do you own a black cat. I feel so much for you and only wish there was something I could do to help you poor buggers.

TheScotts

Post by TheScotts » Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Thanks Mally,

We could never hand these problems onto someone else - we have also spent a lot of money on upgrades - we are in for around $100,000 so have no choice - as we have mentioned before this is our 4th Jayco and never had issues with the others apart of course a few small bits and pieces that were done and no problems - it is the shear rudeness and poor treatment we have been dealt which is making matters worse...Imagine if you will we are in the Hunter Valley NSW it's very hot - we have no working fridge and now no air conditioner...we are both terribly sick from the Black Spore Mould growing in this van and here we are...frustrating is not even a word :cry:

It's our 28th Wedding Anniversary today and we are just so sad and sick. And no black cat...lol

Jayco Newcastle told us to go away today??
Gary & Sheree Scott
2014 Jayco Silverline

tar trekka

Post by tar trekka » Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Hi there,

I would get a full report on the van by an independent van repairer & present it to the person who sold you the van.

In NSW, it's totally the responsibility of the seller to have the van fixed, replaced or a refund.

When you see the retailer suggest that "WE HAVE A PROBLEM, NOT YOU, NOT HIM, BUT WE HAVE A PROBLEM", which we should discuss in PRIVATE, as you wish to remain friends.

They know how to handle those who "Rant & Rave" I the middle of the showroom, they show them the way out, which they are entitled to do.

Remember, HE WHO LOSES IT, LOSES.

I used these techniques in 1982 & had a "New" car replaced, I owned it for about five days.

If they see this Forum, you may be at a disadvantage.

Tar Trekka.

Any day above the ground is a great day.

tar trekka

Post by tar trekka » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Hi there,

Further to my previous post, ask the repairer for a quote for repairs.

You may have to pay for it, mine cost me a bottle of Johnnie Walker Black Label.

From memory the car was about $12,000-00 & the quote for a "Bare Metal Respray" was about $5,000 00

Car replaced.

Tar Trekka.

Any day above the ground is a great day.

dieseltojo

Post by dieseltojo » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:53 am

TheScotts wrote:Yes it is very fishy Old Techo...

Does anyone know Gerry Ryan's (Jayco head honcho) email or phone number?? So we can contact him direct as we can't seem to get past others...

Gary & Sheree Scott
Hi Gary,
I doubt if the boss would make himself available for such matters when he has a tribe of Indians to do that sort of work.
I have however discussed matters with his chief personal on another matter, but a fair while ago.
I only ever used their factory head office numbers on that occasion.
I now have to note that I cannot accept owners ship, truth, quality, or veracity, of articles I may quote off the internet.
1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

loub

Post by loub » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:12 am

I am feeling your pain on this one.I have had a Jayco before as you stated, you have had a few with only miner issues. From my readings of Jayco Warranty doc it clearly states that the Fridge,aircon ,Thedford toilet,ect are spose to be looked after by the individual maker as per each individual warranty.The air should be fixed by Domenic with no question asked.The fridge is working to the rating that it was made for but is not suitable for oz conditions that is clearly a design fault and and false advertisement by Jayco as their vans are built for oz conditions and sold as such.Their could be an internal stoush going on between Jayco and Dometic about the use of incorrect fridges being supplied and fitted that they are trying to bury their heads in the sand .The way i see it find your self a good lawyer and get him to write a letter to Jayco stating that they have sold you a van with a fridge that fails to meet minimum standards to keep food 'SAFE' for Australian conditions and have put you and your family at 'RISK' of food poisoning ,as this fridge is built in to the van it should fit the requirement needed for Australian conditions as they clearly advertise in all manner of advertising.Further more these vans are sold all over Australia and therefore the fridges they "BUILD' in should be able to handle varying conditions.Yours Peter.(Ps if you want fellow for-mites to write to J :twisted: ayco about our concerns,about their poor fridge specs just ask and i for one will fire of a letter) .
BT50 2013 Auto 3.2 Diesel
21 Golf Linwood

Return to “Dometic”