View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Dometi VT2500 vacum toilet 

Post Dometi VT2500 vacum toilet
Hi
Our vt2500 dometic vacum toilet has a problem that I hope some one can help me with it has no vacuum.
The yellow light is on and when I take the cassette out and then put it back in the holder the motor runs for about 3 seconds and does not make any vacuum pressure and the light stays yellow on the timer symbol can anyone suggest what to do.
David

Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:40 pm

Post Re: Dometi VT2500 vacum toilet
G'day David and welcome to the forum :)

I can help with quite a few things but I know bugger-orl about vacuum dunnies. My first worrying thought is accidently hitting the suck button whilst seated :shock:

I don't recollect much discussion here on vacuum dunnies. Hopefully your post will flush out some knowledgeable users. No pun intended ;-)

Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:38 pm

Hi David, I like OT's answer, because if he can't help, you will need to engage a higher authority!!!!

We have the same VT2500 and I can only give you a few possibilities;

Has you van been idle for a while? As much as creating a (sucking) vaccum, the pump unit also needs to expel the air it is sucking in. Check that a mud wasp or similar has not blocked the outlet tube that goes through the carbon exhaust filter. Disconnect the outlet tube at the pump and ensure that air is being expelled.

Check that the casset is docking securely into the receiver. I had to put a brace behind the vertical docking receiver to prevent it flexing to complete a successful docking.

Your problem does not sound like you have a vaccum leak, or your pump would run often or continuously.

Hope this may be of some help. Good luck.

Colin.

Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi Smallbore, I have one of these in my van.

First off, what caused you to notice the problem?

For example was every thing ok and then failed just after emptying the tank?

Or did it play up just after a flush?

When ever you leave these toilets idle they should always have a half cup of water in the closed off pan .
Any loss of water will be noticed and may indicate a leak in the line or at the tank.

This water not only seals the rubber seals but also softens any paper that may have been caught in the closing of the seal.
Put your foot on the pedal and look right into the bottom of the toilet and you will be looking into that part with an X under it. If you look at the picture, the effluent must either go left or right depending on the installation.
That small pipe is to the left or right may be blocked with paper. So check that out first. the toilet may make a noise while you have the pedal down but it won't worry you get a torch and have a look there first.
If you see paper get a 2 03 mm length of wire and start to loosen to carefully. If the bowl has water in it get a small cup ; a lid off a spray can is ok and remove all the water so as to see the bottom. One assumes you will have on a pair of gloves..... :D

If you said it was running continuously it would probably be a leak at the tank.

Note! Never use neat olive oil on the rubber O ring or any seal. Rather use a inert teflon grease.

The top arrow is the direction of flow. the bottom X is where the effluent passes to the pipe and then to the tank. The X indicates the left hand outlet but the right shows a right hand outlet . you will only have one of these part in the toilet.

Sorry but if you can't give a state, no answer from me folks.
sig pic is a 1929 Pop Top
Paul & Trudy. Plumber & Plumberess

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 pm

And i thought vacuum toilets, was what they used on the space shuttle.

Welcome Smallbore, you can see there is some nuts on this forum. :lol:

Hans

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Smallbore, I am assuming this is your unit.

http://www.around-oz.com/innovations_mh ... t_2500.htm
The Manual
http://ballinacampers.com.au/uploads/PD ... Manual.pdf

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:40 pm

Here are some pics of a bloke fitting one. :D
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9811

Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:51 pm

A bit on troubleshooting.
http://osborneworld.com/Files/Caravan/D ... 0Guide.pdf

Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi
Thanks for your help.
We have had the toilet repaired the problem was the circuit board there is a thermal fuse on the board and it kept over heating so a new board was needed at $195 I hope it lasts a long time.
I have another question would it be better to leave th e system unpreasureised while the van is not being used.
I was just going to put the cassette in and when we go away just put it in place.
Regard
Small bore
David

Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi David,

Glad you got the sucker sorted.

When our van is not in use, I thoroughly flush with water with some dish wash soap and generic Napi-san, empty the casset and leave the system switched off. I check on the first day of each month, to ensure there is water in the toilet bowl, to keep the seal moist. A little dish wash soap in there also helps.

As DieselT says above, if you lubricate any of the 'O' rings, only use water based silicone type lube. Never petroleum based like vaseline.

Colin.

Thu Oct 17, 2013 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]