View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Weber in USA 

Post Weber in USA
Hi every one ,
Here is an add for the Weber Baby Q from Amazon in the US. $ 130-00. Not bad as they sell here for $299-00. So much for parity?

http://weberbabyqgrill.com/a-review-of- ... by-q-grill

Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:53 pm

Post Re: Weber in USA
It would be great if the shipping and handling wasnt over $200, oh well. :cry:
Regards Greg n Jen

Sun Oct 17, 2010 11:55 pm

geobay wrote:
It would be great if the shipping and handling wasnt over $200, oh well. :cry:
Regards Greg n Jen

Wow that shipping fee sounds exspensive i have motorbike parts sent over each time the dollar rises as in now and last time a full set of exhaust pipes only cost me $70 shipping from Miami insured and trackable.Cheers Neil

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:15 pm

Hi guys,
There was no way I would get it in from the us,but it just shows the profit they are making in Australia. I did check it out with Amazon and they wouldn't even attempt to ship it to Aus.

Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Hi Guys, as we are registered with amazon.com we did the exercise of purchasing the weber Q, we only did it out of interest as we already have one. There was no problem shown about shipping to Australia, it was the handling and shipping charge of over $200 that was interesting, maybe it was air freight ? It was only at the last stage of the purchase that we cancelled the order. Regards Greg n Jen :neutral:

Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:11 am

Hi Greg n Jen,
That's interesting,I wanted to get a shipping cost, so I selected the Weber etc and then was told I had to register. I then kept going until they would give me a shipping cost.
They flat out wouldn't give me one saying that this was an item that they would not send to Australia.
I reckon that they already know it is not viable due to the weight. The other possibility :roll: is that my computer skills being what they are,I probably stuffed it up. I reckon with out the occasional help from good folk on this forum many of us would miss some good info.

Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi Guys
One of the reasons that you can not buy a Weber Gas BBQ from the states is that they do not carry the AGA approval. Only the units sold in Australia carry the AGA approval. They are of a slightly different design than the USA models and are produced in a single production run of a few days. The change-over costs for the production line add to the overall wholesale cost of the unit, then and shipping, duty, storage and distribution costs and GST- there you have a higher cost. I wish that they were lower also. Gee the food tastes good that comes off them.

Cheers

Sun Nov 21, 2010 1:03 pm

captain cook wrote:
Hi Guys
One of the reasons that you can not buy a Weber Gas BBQ from the states is that they do not carry the AGA approval. Only the units sold in Australia carry the AGA approval. They are of a slightly different design than the USA models and are produced in a single production run of a few days. The change-over costs for the production line add to the overall wholesale cost of the unit, then and shipping, duty, storage and distribution costs and GST- there you have a higher cost. I wish that they were lower also. Gee the food tastes good that comes off them.

Cheers

I also suspect the gas jets on the US ones may be different to suit a different gas recipe than ours in Aust. :?:

I know the label on ours lists country of sale as "AU".

Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]